Mega Thread 2021 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

Hopefully the systems in place are reviewed so that people working around potentially infectious people aren't then residing in the community, working other jobs and representing a direct passage from the quarantine to the community.

Such as housing all people on rottnest. Hiring people full time to work there fly in fly out and paying them to spend 14 days in isolation on their swing home.

Then I suppose we can all thank small mercies it's not up to you. Didn't think it was possible to outdo McGowan, but there you are

We have enjoyed a relatively normal existence for the last 10 months or so because of the cautious approach while most of the rest of the planet has been in turmoil.
McGowan has made all the right choices despite Morrison and his minions.
The odds are in his favour that he knows what he is doing.
5 or 10 days staying inside is not a big deal.

We have enjoyed a relatively normal existence for the last 10 months or so because of the cautious approach while most of the rest of the planet has been in turmoil.
McGowan has made all the right choices despite Morrison and his minions.
The odds are in his favour that he knows what he is doing.
5 or 10 days staying inside is not a big deal.

This will provide a cost for not paying quarantine staff enough to be full time and in isolation themselves.

This will provide a cost for not paying quarantine staff enough to be full time and in isolation themselves.

yeah this bit boggled me. albeit in hindsight - it makes sense to pay people who work in quarantine enough (and have agreements in place) to not be moonlighting :p

Barilaro is dodgy, he's a rich National Party player.
Best thing to do is lockdown, but these hotel quarantines are deadset dangerous.
Rotto could be the best idea.
The AMA fella said today that the virus is like cigarette smoke, moves thru the air con systems in these hotels.
Fresh air kills it

McGowan is a gimp and a hero by way of geography and chest puffing.
He should have learnt from the Victorian, Sydney beaches and Brissy clusters by enforcing more regimented quarantine measures by way of remove the quarantine to places like Northam detention centre and the like.
Security guards should be undertaking 2 and 2 roster like most of us in the FIFO world and quarantining during the 2 week off time, then rostering/rotating with different shifts.
We have so few cases in international quarantine and we can’t even manage them effectively- asleep at the wheel while drinking your own cool aid Premier.
Security- Uber driver - maximum exposure to the WA and Australia. community - an absolute joke and disgrace of mismanagement and misdirection.

McGowan is a gimp and a hero by way of geography and chest puffing.
He should have learnt from the Victorian, Sydney beaches and Brissy clusters by enforcing more regimented quarantine measures by way of remove the quarantine to places like Northam detention centre and the like.
Security guards should be undertaking 2 and 2 roster like most of us in the FIFO world and quarantining during the 2 week off time, then rostering/rotating with different shifts.
We have so few cases in international quarantine and we can’t even manage them effectively- asleep at the wheel while drinking your own cool aid Premier.
Security- Uber driver - maximum exposure to the WA and Australia. community - an absolute joke and disgrace of mismanagement and misdirection.
Hi Zak

The selection to administer the quarantine supervision and monitoring is flawed with no process or qualative measures in place - the shitshow is flawed.
If people are employed to supervise the security of this high impact and even deadlier strains need additional jobs - the I am ashamed to be a a little left way of thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simplistic reply Nurries - look at the facts fella.
I am no Lib voter, do not tar me with that sh*t.
But you are FIFO? The last 10 months you have been able to work unimpeded in your FIFO world. Imagine what it would of been like if it was a suppression policy? How much would you have worked with constant shutdowns? What if it got into the mine that you worked at? Be thankful you have worked like you have. Spare a thought for the rest of the world fella and be thankful for what you have got.

If we are being purely objective then nobody should expect a government to get everything right, they will make mistakes. What the public should not accept is when they choose to not learn from the mistakes elsewhere leading to more issues.

The issues that exposed the public here hasn't been a problem for most of the time the hotels have been working, but it's going to cost multiples of millions this week now - so I expect a political reaction that makes sure it doesn't happen anymore.

But... people are still able to isolate at home, so the holes in our quarantine are so big that if this disease were ebola measles we would all be sick already.

But you are FIFO? The last 10 months you have been able to work unimpeded in your FIFO world. Imagine what it would of been like if it was a suppression policy? How much would you have worked with constant shutdowns? What if it got into the mine that you worked at? Be thankful you have worked like you have. Spare a thought for the rest of the world fella and be thankful for what you have got.
Not FIFO all of the time Nurries, just work projects as they come up and work dictates.
The point I am making we are lucky by geography, good luck and overall awareness.
I have spoken to so many people I know in public, private health and I know of the lack of quarantine measures that are in place - this was only a matter of time.
This week will be interesting.

NSW has shown time and time again that there is a clear alternative to dealing with Covid without a harsh lockdown

Not FIFO all of the time Nurries, just work projects as they come up and work dictates.
The point I am making we are lucky by geography, good luck and overall awareness.
I have spoken to so many people I know in public, private health and I know of the lack of quarantine measures that are in place - this was only a matter of time.
This week will be interesting.
This lockdown is to contract trace and we will see where it goes I guess

Genuinely curious if there's people out there
that going hard and reducing reducing risk to cater for the stupid people is not a sound strategy?

Seriously consider the amount brain-dead either insanely stupid or downright malicious people that tried to breach quarantine or not wear mask when restrictions weren't even that strict. Why wouldn't the government go hard and early for because of the weak people in our state?

Genuinely curious if there's people out there
that going hard and reducing reducing risk to cater for the stupid people is not a sound strategy?

Seriously consider the amount brain-dead either insanely stupid or downright malicious people that tried to breach quarantine or not wear mask when restrictions weren't even that strict. Why wouldn't the government go hard and early for because of the weak people in our state?

How do you define a stupid person?

Almost every single person in this country gets their information about the world around them via media companies that are motivated to provide them with dramatic and attractive stories in order to drive interaction and produce advertising revenue. A significant number are informed from within algorithm focused bubbles of self reinforcing positions.

We are in a world where there could be a war going on in another country and we will hear nothing of it, therefore it doesn't exist.

You don't even need to understand the issue to hold an opinion and as long as it's the same as the consensus community opinion then you won't be challenged on it, even if you're wrong.

I just don’t get the backlash to this lockdown. We’ve spent the best part of 10 months living relatively normal lives due to our states decisions.

This bloke has been everywhere & if we sit on our hands it won’t be 5 days but a month or more. This week will cost me thousands of dollars, but it is nothing compared to my old mans health as an 86 year old & that of the in-laws who are both late 70’s.

Do the right thing & we minimise the damage financially, mentally & physically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back