Injury 2021 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know if anyone caught this and put it in the game day thread.
Mitch Cleary was boundary riding for ABC Radio and in the second quarter said:
”As we all know, Billings has been having injections each game for his plantar fasciitis……”

I don’t know if anyone caught this and put it in the game day thread.
Mitch Cleary was boundary riding for ABC Radio and in the second quarter said:
”As we all know, Billings has been having injections each game for his plantar fasciitis……”

Been reported for a while now. He's not been able to train much if at all week to week.

Been reported for a while now. He's not been able to train much if at all week to week.

Bad for him in a contract year, probably kind of good for the Saints if we want to keep him.
( I do, an end of first round pick won't translate to the playing field for a long time , if at all ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the injuries in a few weeks if we do make finals the only best 22 players we are definitely missing is Gresh.

Paton and Carlisle you could argue can be replaced with the likes of Webster and Highmore now. Clarke should be back and available by then if things go to plan.

Goes to show our list has actually improved over the course of the season that guys who were easy best 22 can now be covered with someone probably just as good.

I will not create this thread in 2022. It mustve been my fault that there have been so many injuries.
Pretty sure if there was no thread injuries would still have happened.

On the positive side we wouldn’t have seen the resurgence of Dunstan and Dmac without the injuries!

Last edited:
Any word on how Hunter Clark is recovering?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disappointing for Wood. Had been playing consistently good footy which has been one of his biggest challenges throughout his career.

Yep, he seemed to finally string multiple games together at a high standard and broke down again. Unfortunately that's not unlike his North time. The only thing as frustrating as his form slumps were his injuries just as he seemed ready to explode. I hope I'm wrong, he looked good recently.

Yep, he seemed to finally string multiple games together at a high standard and broke down again. Unfortunately that's not unlike his North time. The only thing as frustrating as his form slumps were his injuries just as he seemed ready to explode. I hope I'm wrong, he looked good recently.
I could see us extending Wood for another year based on his contribution to date. We will have a lot of players existing at the end of the season and probably too mach for a healthy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back