Injury 2020 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If and when the season resumes Lewis and Scrimshaw should be fit, Hardwick will also be close to selection. That leaves Impey as the only player unavailable.

How some of the injured young players like Morris, Walker, Moore and Koschitzke are tracking I have no idea.

Injury list as of 12th May

Golds (Knee) Season
Impey (ACL) Indefinite
Hardwick (Pectoral) 6 weeks
Howe (Foot) 6-8 weeks
Walker (Knee) 2-3 weeks
Puopolo (Jaw) Test
Lewis (Ankle) Test
Morris (Knee) Test
Koschitzke (Shoulder) Test
Moore (Groin) Test

I thought we were quite tall in round 1, so squeezing Lewis in would be very much a squeeze.

The real intangible here (not just for us) is the variance in conditioning the players return in, re: isolation training. I know they would've used tech to try and manage and support that, but personality type likely playing a bigger role here than usual in levels. Might see the odd smokey selected around the league?

morrison. Prob have to fit scrimshaw and Lewis in also. Although I think Lewis might have to wait. Have to play scrimshaw, he's unreal
Agree Gerry19. Scrimshaw is a gun. I’m worried about his susceptibility to injury though. Lewis is a wild card for me. At times last year he looked ready to grab a game by the throat and kick a bag. I would persist in his development if he is fit. So I would add O’Brien to the outs to make way for Lewis. Our depth in talent is starting to create selection headaches. This is very good problem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I read it in an injury report a couple of weeks ago
Hawks reported on players on the 11th of May

The lack of opportunity to train with a group has held Mat Walker back from getting the all clear on his hip.

“The next step for Mat is about three weeks of skills-based work, so again, once we’re able to train in groups we expect to see some solid progression in his recovery.”

Think he will be right to go by the time the season gets back underway. The bigger issue is going to be what happens with the guys who don't get a game.

Scratch matches with other clubs yeah?
But no VFL players yeah? So what happens when you cant field enough for a second team due to injuries?
Or its a bunch of kids and not everyone can play in position?
Going to be tough

But no VFL players yeah? So what happens when you cant field enough for a second team due to injuries?
Or its a bunch of kids and not everyone can play in position?
Going to be tough
Yeah could be a 14 v 14 scratch match or something. More like match sim at training, but against another club. Not great preparation, but that's all they've got at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back