2020/2021 SBFFL Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hehe, I was waiting for midday, then saw ur posts.
This all cosher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wait they were normal free agents. I'm so confused haha.

I have no idea. I'll let the big dogs decide what to do but it seems we haven't actually had a waiver period or nobody placed any bids?

Yeah not trying to jump queue or anything.
Wasn’t sure on process so just chose who was keen on and presumed a waiver calc would kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on site lads. Heavy suppression fire from site supervisors and copping plenty of flak from opposition tradies. May need reinforcements and a medic team if I’m going to make it back. Hopefully you can all figure it out today.

I’ll admit I’m confused.......we were all told (and reminded a number of times) during the draft when FAs would be unlocked - date & time.
I even set an alarm for 12 noon that day to take a look at the list of available players.

Also I’ve never heard of a waiver wire during the off season, it’s strictly used during the season after each round. The off season is FAs only.

The only curious picks were those that were able to be processed prior to Noon that day - not sure how that was able to happen, but I guess it is what it is.....

I’ll admit I’m confused.......we were all told (and reminded a number of times) during the draft when FAs would be unlocked - date & time.
I even set an alarm for 12 noon that day to take a look at the list of available players.

Also I’ve never heard of a waiver wire during the off season, it’s strictly used during the season after each round. The off season is FAs only.

The only curious picks were those that were able to be processed prior to Noon that day - not sure how that was able to happen, but I guess it is what it is.....
Yeah I def don’t want to stir ill will here so I’m more than happy to return these selections to the FA pool.
Will still need to get three players back at some point before season starts. Would prefer if one of these wasn’t Fort 😉

Hey guys,

There definitely is a waiver wire order setting with UF. Which was set prior to unlocking trading.

1615378151413.png

I think the issue that we had here is that:

1) I unlocked teams in the am prior to travelling to a worksite that I knew would not afford me any time to get on to UF, allowing the early birds in to the worm farm! haha. My apologies.
2) The Restricted Free Agent Date setting had not been set (I have since set to 'Indefinite' which should prevent further pick-ups)

Can I propose that unless there is someone who would have used their Waiver Wire position to over bid we let all these FA pick ups remain. Phoenix_9 St Kilda Death PetWussy Haychh simonoz Jonzi Dannyreed Cattsy barta for pm

1615378728235.png

Going forward I will set the next batch of FA agency pickups to clear on Wednesday next week. That will allow 1 days (Thursday) of unrestricted FA pickups until the first match commeces and FA gets locked for the weekend. Then hopefully we can just roll that system over every week (restricted FA to the day before match day, unrestricted FA on match day, lockout on commencement of first game).

Again, I am happy to abide by whatever the group thinks is the best way forward so make sure to get your two cents in on this issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I also suggest that whoever wins the league in any given year is annointed 'League Commissioner' and if there is ever a tied vote they have the right of veto? That would give barta for pm that capacity in 2021.

Thoughts?

As the last position in the wire, I’m open to trading these three guys I picked up to anyone who has yet had a FA dip. Just send me ur offcuts.

Last minute SC tweaking going on. Who is going bigger Cattsy Tom Atkins or Jordan Clark?

Anybody running with Titch?

Last minute SC tweaking going on. Who is going bigger Cattsy Tom Atkins or Jordan Clark?

Anybody running with Titch?
Cattsy is a Magpie despite his name. Better question for Dannyreed

My moneys on Clark though and I’m a no to Titch, he has tempted me and if I saw him play a preseason game he’d probably be a lock but there’s safer options around his price *cough* Zerrett

Hey all, got a $20 cash league which has a few spots to fill. Been going nearly 10 yrs but a few bailed this yr. Not super elite by any stretch. Has a perpetual trophy. Simon is in it too.
Flick me a pm if ur keen.

Definitely UF teams. No looping. You get a zero for a zero on your field, you only get the emergency score if the field player was a late out. And only half the emergency score if it’s not a KPD or KPF to replace a KPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back