2020/2021 SBFFL Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely UF teams. No looping. You get a zero for a zero on your field, you only get the emergency score if the field player was a late out. And only half the emergency score if it’s not a KPD or KPF to replace a KPP.
This is going to be a nightmare to navigate this year.

E.g I name my 7th best defender as an Emergency who plays on a Friday night then 1 of my top 6 defenders isn’t named for a Sunday game (which we’re not going to know until Saturday night) then I have to play whichever defender I have left on Sunday or I cop a 0??

This is going to be a nightmare to navigate this year.

E.g I name my 7th best defender as an Emergency who plays on a Friday night then 1 of my top 6 defenders isn’t named for a Sunday game (which we’re not going to know until Saturday night) then I have to play whichever defender I have left on Sunday or I cop a 0??
Hmmm, that isn’t ideal!
What about if they played the week prior and they’re not picked, an emergency score can be used?
We’ve always really tried to avoid looping...

Hmmm, that isn’t ideal!
What about if they played the week prior and they’re not picked, an emergency score can be used?
We’ve always really tried to avoid looping...
Yeah I can see the reasoning behind the no looping and I’m completely behind you guys to keep that traditional part of the league alive. It’s just going to be a minefield to navigate teams this year when half the round is over before we even know who’s playing on Sundays!

Just opening a dialogue on it now to get a ruling out there because I can see it popping up at least once through the year.

I guess you could have some kind of ruling where you have to nominate that you are wanting to use your emergency and the commissioner can tick off on it if they agree there’s no shenanigans..... Just a thought?

I think the definition of a loop is to initentionally play somebody who was never named or was never going to be named. The emergency score should always apply. If a coach has nominated a player who was clearly injured in the week previously or was scheduled not to play for any reason from managed to mental health then the emergency score be struck off.

I would say always count the emergency score and if any coach feels there is a basis for review they can throw the protest flag for the group to assess. I think we have always been a little...forgiving. Until the final scores get tight and the knives come out.

Do we want to incorporate the concussion sub into our format? Currently a concussed player score cannot be replaced in our format.

Do we want to create a mechanism so that a coach has an option of replacing the score with an emergency?

Do we want to incorporate the concussion sub into our format? Currently a concussed player score cannot be replaced in our format.

Do we want to create a mechanism so that a coach has an option of replacing the score with an emergency?

I say no, just s**t luck.

All bids that were made on restricted free agents have just cleared and I note that the waiver wire order has adjusted automatically. Coaches can now instantaneously pick up any player as an unrestricted free agent. Then it should lockout at first bounce of the first game and bids can be placed at the end of Round 1 clearing next Wednesday (24th March).

After Vlastuin succumbing to what looked like a career threatening leg injury I’d like to activate my 23rd man...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say no, just sh*t luck.
After Vlastuin succumbing to what looked like a career threatening leg injury I’d like to activate my 23rd man...
UF does have the capability to allow a position relevant emergency score to be activated if a player gets injured having completed less than X% of the game (X being something we can specify).

1616123120650.png

Personally, I'm happy with where it is. But we have all had the one guy go down with a donut to his name!

Caught out with Cameron now out with injury and my only other kpf has played and not on my emergency.
How do we decide what fwd I take half points on?

Fwiw Fritsch will come in to replace Cameron.
I have a fwd emergency that’s played in Newnes but would be a dog act to take that given he had a great game. #smellslikelooping

Caught out with Cameron now out with injury and my only other kpf has played and not on my emergency.
How do we decide what fwd I take half points on?

Fwiw Fritsch will come in to replace Cameron.
I have a fwd emergency that’s played in Newnes but would be a dog act to take that given he had a great game. #smellslikelooping
Ouch, this season is already being a dick. I would say leave Cameron in your side, and take Newnes at half points... you were fully expecting Cameron to play, he’s essentially a late out...

UF does have the capability to allow a position relevant emergency score to be activated if a player gets injured having completed less than X% of the game (X being something we can specify).

View attachment 1080608

Personally, I'm happy with where it is. But we have all had the one guy go down with a donut to his name!
Just FYI I was taking the piss with my 23rd man comment.

As for the TOG threshold I do like it, my other league I have it set for 25% so essentially it’s just for when you lose someone in the 1st quarter (or just after) which can absolutely derail your round.

* I haven’t been getting any notifications I’ve been hanging out to waiver and miss most of the blokes I was after. That blows

What’s the process so I’m clear moving forward? I thought someone announced some and then everyone has 24hrs to respond?

What’s the process so I’m clear moving forward? I thought someone announced some and then everyone has 24hrs to respond?
It’s all done on UF, put in a waiver claim and they get processed on Tuesday night

It’s all done on UF, put in a waiver claim and they get processed on Tuesday night
I think they get processed at midnight of the day they are listed as expiring.

1616413396780.png

So if you bid on the waiver wire right now the players will be allocated to the highest ranked bidder at midnight on Wednesday 24th. Then all players become unrestricted until the first game begins at which point UF automatically locks all players out making them Restricted FA until the end of the last game. Before we get to the last game though I have been editing the Restricted FA Dates to one day before the first game of the next round.

That way hopefully everybody has enough time to spot the emerging talent and make a bid.

1616413620340.png

Cattsy there was a mix up last week with the bidding and barta for pm offered to pass Matty Flynn on to anyone who was at that point ranked above him on the waiver wire (which was everybody since he is the carry over champion from last year). I asked and Flynn is now on my list. However, if you (or any other coach) think you would have bid on Flynn leading in to round one then I am also happy to release him to you.

Just propose the trade on UF and send me your offcut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back