Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny that a year ago all the talk was of Warner …. He’s been forgotten a bit after a slightly down year

Yep, Warner was one of 2023's most disappointing players. Hopefully he bounces back in 2024, was one of my favourite non Carlton players to watch in 2022.

The

theres maybe 2 mids I’d take before Green for this season.
I'm not denying that Green is a very good player. But twice the player of Serong? That's a ridiculously stupid statement

Tom Green doing ok for a pick 10. Lead the league in cp last season at 21 years of age.
How Tom Green slid to pick 10 is a mystery to everyone, except a few AFL Clubs, easily top 5.....

My man Serong might finish number 1?, what a shock for those criticising him before the draft.

How Tom Green slid to pick 10 is a mystery to everyone, except a few AFL Clubs, easily top 5.....

My man Serong might finish number 1?, what a shock for those criticising him before the draft.
They still criticise him.
Won every leagues best youth award available.
Followed it up with being vice captain, bnf AA and hun player of the year.
His two finals have been dusty Esq impact accompanied with two derby medals but apparently his half the player of green, has no xfactor or match winning capabilities, vanilla and dime a dozen.
His first final @ 21 he had mote impact then butters AFLCA best player had in two finals in 2023.
he wasnt playing in a top 4 team either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still criticise him.
Won every leagues best youth award available.
Followed it up with being vice captain, bnf AA and hun player of the year.
His two finals have been dusty Esq impact accompanied with two derby medals but apparently his half the player of green, has no xfactor or match winning capabilities, vanilla and dime a dozen.
I think you're over-reacting a tad. Serong is a gun ... Green is just a little bit gunner

He an an GWS academy pick, and Carlton was the only club with the stones to bid on him at the time

He wasn't available on an 'open market' , it's just that they (The Giants) got him cheaper than they should have, he was always protected (even pre draft) to be a top 4 or so talent in his class.

He an an GWS academy pick, and Carlton was the only club with the stones to bid on him at the time

He wasn't available on an 'open market' , it's just that they (The Giants) got him cheaper than they should have, he was always protected (even pre draft) to be a top 4 or so talent in his class.

Yeah not to often Academy or father sons are bid on where they should be.
Wasn’t daicos pick 4??

Yeah not to often Academy or father sons are bid on where they should be.
Wasn’t daicos pick 4??

Conversely SOS prolly took the piss by bidding on Liam Henry @ pick 9 (which some folks believe was an act of revenge/spite by him because he wanted Serong before Freo gazzumped us)

But Henry is a Saint now so who knows ?

Conversely SOS prolly took the piss by bidding on Liam Henry @ pick 9 (which some folks believe was an act of revenge/spite by him because he wanted Serong before Freo gazzumped us)

But Henry is a Saint now so who knows ?
I was going to mention the rare early bid but didn’t want to disturb old scars

I was going to mention the rare early bid but didn’t want to disturb old scars

To this day, I admit I am convinced SOS did it out of spite bidding on Henry being jilted for Serong.

What's ironic is we (after SOS left the club) ended up with a far more talented and superior player in Jesse Motlop from your academy (which you couldn't bid/match on)

Can see why Freo fans are probably pissed at Carlton. Mots does so much thing on field (not so much high light reel things like goals) but ferocious tacking and chasing/ 1 percenter stuff that really sends a shiver down my spine, esp as he still looks like a 15 year old kid (face wise lol)

To this day, I admit I am convinced SOS did it out of spite bidding on Henry being jilted for Serong.

What's ironic is we (after SOS left the club) ended up with a far more talented and superior player in Jesse Motlop from your academy (which you couldn't bid/match on)

Can see why Freo fans are probably pissed at Carlton. Mots does so much thing on field (not so much high light reel things like goals) but ferocious tacking and chasing/ 1 percenter stuff that really sends a shiver down my spine, esp as he still looks like a 15 year old kid (face wise lol)
Getting 6 for cerra to pick amiss our first true key forward since pav has made peace on any bad transaction prior or since

Getting 6 for cerra to pick amiss our first true key forward since pav has made peace on any bad transaction prior or since

Yep. Good call. Absolutely thrilled to see Amiss shine for Freo, esp after reading about that horrific and potentially life threatening injury he sustained 2 years ago in the WAFL where he lost half a kidney.

He is a ripper that lad.

Yep. Good call. Absolutely thrilled to see Amiss shine for Freo, esp after reading about that horrific and potentially life threatening injury he sustained 2 years ago in the WAFL where he lost half a kidney.

He is a ripper that lad.
It was a genuine win win trade but as a freo supporter having what’s looking to be a quality tall fwd come in is Christmas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back