Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly the ceiling on this draft just keeps getting higher and higher.

Rowell is getting back to his best and pushing back in with those top names, Young is looking like a genuine mid and players like Riccardi and Henry are looking like genuine AFL players. 2nd best AFL draft ever when it’s all done

Incredibly the ceiling on this draft just keeps getting higher and higher.

Rowell is getting back to his best and pushing back in with those top names, Young is looking like a genuine mid and players like Riccardi and Henry are looking like genuine AFL players. 2nd best AFL draft ever when it’s all done

It's even better when you consider the likes of Newcombe, Durham, Sharman etc who missed out (and were later selected in the 2020 MSD) are getting significant game time.

Moyle looks set to take on Witt's role when he hangs up the boots. Dominant in VFL.

If you were to play it back these guys would be comfortably selected in the main draft.

It's even better when you consider the likes of Newcombe, Durham, Sharman etc who missed out (and were later selected in the 2020 MSD) are getting significant game time.

Moyle looks set to take on Witt's role when he hangs up the boots. Dominant in VFL.

If you were to play it back these guys would be comfortably selected in the main draft.

Not Moyle though as he’s a 2002 baby.

Yeah top end is great and it's looking super deep. By end of careers it's going to be up there for sure, personally I've been calling it a super draft for 3 years 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Martin would be part of this draft crop as well

He was SSP

Aware of that but I was wondering if he nominated for the MSD the year prior?

He's had a pretty incredible footy journey so far. Just baffling he was overlooked by the Eagles and the footy world in general prior to getting his shot.

Didn't realise that. Always thought he was a bit older.

Did he not nominate for MSD?

Think Martin was always sort of around the mark then exploded when he got an opportunity in an AFL environment. In comparison Newcombe burst onto the scene from no where when he got a shot in the VFL.

Essendon reportedly strongly considered him in his draft year.

Reading the list they put out regarding Tassie team most of the free agents were from 2019 draft.
I’m sure most will sign well before 2028
Will depend, I'm sure agents will want to leverage situation with Tassie having an increase cap. Won't be surprised if alot of this year's crop sign on till FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back