2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My young fella is thinking of joining the Barrett brothers at Golden Square. Can anyone tell me what their depth is like? My young fella was a handy back/wing for team in KDFL seniors. Wondering if there would be the occasional chance in the seniors depending on their depth? Hard question I know, but if Square’s depth not so strong, then maybe a chance.

Depth was sqauares issue this season..they lacked that type of bloke. I'd encourage him to give it a crack

My young fella is thinking of joining the Barrett brothers at Golden Square. Can anyone tell me what their depth is like? My young fella was a handy back/wing for team in KDFL seniors. Wondering if there would be the occasional chance in the seniors depending on their depth? Hard question I know, but if Square’s depth not so strong, then maybe a chance.
Yeah the depth was horrible last year, get him to Wade St its a fantastic Club that will look after him

Very interesting year of BFL Footy ahead I reckon. 2 Grand Finalists will be strong again and Golden Square have reloaded well with some of their pick up's. Also be interested to see how Kangaroo Flat go should be plenty of optimism there as well with some great recruiting and a previously successful Coach in Robbie Bennett at the helm. I also think the Dragons will be thereabouts as well hearing good things about Ash Connick as a Coach as well. Whose everyone making flag favs?

Very interesting year of BFL Footy ahead I reckon. 2 Grand Finalists will be strong again and Golden Square have reloaded well with some of their pick up's. Also be interested to see how Kangaroo Flat go should be plenty of optimism there as well with some great recruiting and a previously successful Coach in Robbie Bennett at the helm. I also think the Dragons will be thereabouts as well hearing good things about Ash Connick as a Coach as well. Whose everyone making flag favs?
Fly
I cant see to much changing at the top. The Flat are coming from a fair way back so 5th would be their realistic target. Not much news coming out of Kyneton so potentially they are the one to drop out. The Flat then has to beat the square to play finals and think they will leap frog the Bloods.

Am I wrong in you getting Strauch and Strachan mixed up?
Maybe I’m getting them mixed up, but pretty sure the fella I knew was Neville Strauch but everyone 15 years ago would know him. Legend in Bendigo footy- surely someone here can confirm this????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just checked fixture, I support the Flat, got a hard game first up, 18’s team will be better than 2018 though

More exciting news at Gisborne.

Gisborne FNC is pleased to announce that Brad Bernacki has signed for the 2019 season. In 2018, Brad made his debut for the Coburg FC in the VFL playing six games in total as well as spending time at East Sunbury. Prior to that Brad had played with the Calder Cannons where he won the Robert Hyde Medal as the Best & Fairest, and managed a runner-up finish in the Morrish Medal in 2017.

Whilst not a one point player as he played his junior career in Sunbury, Brad is a Gisborne local as he currently resides with his family in South Gisborne! We look forward to Brad adding to our midfield during the 2019 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gisborne have picked up some very handy players , smart recruiting !
Can see them taking over kynetons spot in the top 3

Gisborne have picked up some very handy players , smart recruiting !
Can see them taking over kynetons spot in the top 3
I think it will be a good Comp again might even get a touch stronger. Eaglehawk appear to have topped up well, Strath look set to go again, Connick is a proven Coach and the Dragons still have a good core group, Gisborne building well, Kang Flat have had a promising recruiting period and South are probably an unknown I watched Win Sport and they had some vision of the Bloods training didn't mention a lot about recruiting although Horbury is likely to be one of the better recruits coming into the Comp. Unsure on how things are coming together at Kyneton.

I think it will be a good Comp again might even get a touch stronger. Eaglehawk appear to have topped up well, Strath look set to go again, Connick is a proven Coach and the Dragons still have a good core group, Gisborne building well, Kang Flat have had a promising recruiting period and South are probably an unknown I watched Win Sport and they had some vision of the Bloods training didn't mention a lot about recruiting although Horbury is likely to be one of the better recruits coming into the Comp. Unsure on how things are coming together at Kyneton.

Looking at clearances South have also lost some very good players. I think Gisborne are a chance of making the grand final in 2019 with their extensive recruiting and Golden Square will be absolutely smarting from last year and have also recruited well.

However to me Eaglehawk will start as flag favourites.

Can anyone explain the deadlines for clearances to me please.

Looking at clearances South have also lost some very good players. I think Gisborne are a chance of making the grand final in 2019 with their extensive recruiting and Golden Square will be absolutely smarting from last year and have also recruited well.

However to me Eaglehawk will start as flag favourites.

Can anyone explain the deadlines for clearances to me please.

There are now 2 clearance periods. Clubs can now lodge early ones in November then the normal clearance period opens on Feb 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back