VFL 2014 Sandringham Zebras News and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the look of Kenny Ong. Seems to be a very smart player and I wouldn't be upset if he was offered a rookie spot.

Stolen off Collingwood Forum.

Match Info;
Collingwood (5th) vs Sandringham (8th)
Saturday 30th August 2.00pm
Venue - Victoria Park, Lulie St, Abbotsford
Entry Cost - FREE
TV/Radio - No TV, VFL radio will cover the game online and on Red Time app. Probable radio coverage through the CollingwoodFC app and online.
It's advised that you catch public transport as there is limited parking around the ground, especially with a bigger than normal crowd expected.
Drinks and food for sale on site, just hope we don't run out before 3/4 time like the last game we played there.

Need to get down there to add some Yellow to all that White and Black.

Hudson's breakdown of the players from the weekend.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-26/vfl-player-breakdown-round-20

Some highlights:

Darren Minchington
He had a good game and was again excellent in the clinches. Darren is in good form at the moment and he’s doing extra sessions during the week as well. After half-time he wasn’t quite as prolific but on the whole we were very pleased with Minchy’s output.

Looking more likely to be upgraded, especially given Milera has gone walkabout.

Lewis Pierce
Lewis had a bit more of the ball than Holmesy this week but the best aspect of his game was his willingness to cover the ground and spread like a midfielder. He ended up running 14 kilometres and is improving every week. Lewis’ endeavour is excellent – he tackles, chases and does all the team things.

Josh Saunders
Josh spent most of the game on the ball and a little bit on the wing and forward. He had a pretty decent match with 11 touches in the third quarter, but dropped away a bit in the last like most of the blokes. The fact he finished with 28 touches shows how prolific he was in the first three terms.

Simon McPhee has stood down as Sandringham coach so he can concentrate on his new role at the Saints Academy.

Simon McPhee has stood down as Sandringham coach so he can concentrate on his new role at the Saints Academy.
Interesting. Does that mean that Sandy will get their own independent coach as part of their regaining independence, or will one of our other coaches (Peta?!) step up to a senior coaching position at Sandy.

Interesting. Does that mean that Sandy will get their own independent coach as part of their regaining independence, or will one of our other coaches (Peta?!) step up to a senior coaching position at Sandy.

McPhee’s replacement will come from St Kilda’s panel of assistants, which is not finalised for 2015.

It will be a two-year appointment, taking the clubs through to the end of the alignment.

Asked if Paul Hudson would be considered, Mennie said: “Well, he has the credentials, you would think. He’s worked with us for three years and been very good.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...oach-an-afl-club/story-fnglemo4-1227052863218

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandy should look closely at picking up Ben Darrou if he isnt picked up by another AFL club, very solid backman

Doed she have the experience to be the head coach of a vfl side?
I don't see why she wouldn't. Iirc, she was coach of a woman's footy side before taking up an assistant role at one of the VFL clubs. Good credentials.

All in all I thought the Zebras had a great year.

Yep totally agree. To make finals from position we were in heading into the bye was outstanding. Saints players got good development and have unearthed ripper in Jason Holmes.
Whilst Zebras have unearthed enormous amount of young talent that will take the club to hopefully that next level over next few years. With all kids at Saints and Zebras the next couple years will be very exciting to watch.

Just few of Zebras to keep eye on and that thought were impressive all year.

Kenny Ong
James Munro
Elliot Le Grice
Taylor Grace
Jack Noone
Cam Banfield
Dylan Weickhardt
Mathew Kreymborg

Peter Shakallis/Adam Cockie/Myke Cook were all great a again and hopefully Zebs be able to re-sign them as their experience be vital keep around club.

Yep totally agree. To make finals from position we were in heading into the bye was outstanding. Saints players got good development and have unearthed ripper in Jason Holmes.
Whilst Zebras have unearthed enormous amount of young talent that will take the club to hopefully that next level over next few years. With all kids at Saints and Zebras the next couple years will be very exciting to watch.

Just few of Zebras to keep eye on and that thought were impressive all year.

Kenny Ong
James Munro
Elliot Le Grice
Taylor Grace
Jack Noone
Cam Banfield
Dylan Weickhardt
Mathew Kreymborg

Peter Shakallis/Adam Cockie/Myke Cook were all great a again and hopefully Zebs be able to re-sign them as their experience be vital keep around club.
I think they are growing into a real contender, I don't get so see em live. But watched most replays for the year. Looked forward to these games due to the Senior rebuild.
Their best was terrific

Billings' average disposals: 26.5 (albeit a small sample size)

Acres: 18.8

Ross: 26.9

Saunders: 24.2

Markworth: 14.8

Only concern about Markworth at this stage. Hopefully he's better in his second year back from a knee reco.

Billings' average disposals: 26.5 (albeit a small sample size)

Acres: 18.8

Ross: 26.9

Saunders: 24.2

Markworth: 14.8

Only concern about Markworth at this stage. Hopefully he's better in his second year back from a knee reco.

Others are mids... Markworth is not!

Others are mids... Markworth is not!
Played mostly on a wing didn't he? That's close enough.

Now I know McEvoy was given permission to play VFL this week but I think Port Melbourne are taking it a bit too far:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410424233.148744.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back