Injury 2013 Injury Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Beau Waters had a conversation with Brendan Fewster a decade ago. This may have prompted his muscles to start folding in on themselves. Pending further investigation.

They certainly are no Cox or NN, but they may come good?

That if we are going to draft them we should give them the time. From all reports he is having a pretty good season in the wafl so I believe he is worth persisting with. You were writing him off and I was defending him.

Woops. I meant as forwards.:thumbsu:

heck injuries.

As of Monday, July 8

Nicoski (wrist) season
Colledge (ankle) season
Hurn (ankle) 7-8 weeks
S Selwood (thumb) 4 weeks
Waters (knee) 2-3 weeks
Brennan (groin) 1 week
Butler (back) test
Kerr (ribs) test
A Selwood (back) test
Shuey (hamstring) test
Smith (calf) test
Dick (hamstring) available

A Selwood (back) test

A Selwood (back) test

A Selwood (back) test

Nicoski (wrist) season
Colledge (ankle) season
Hurn (ankle) 7-8 weeks
Waters (knee) 2 weeks
S Selwood (thumb) 1-2 weeks
Sheppard (hamstring) 2 weeks
Kerr (ribs) test
Shuey (hamstring) test

Good to see Scooter has gone from 4 to 1-2.

I think Hurn is done as he was 7-8 last week also.

Put a fork in Hurn for 2013 and upgrade Bennell.

Doesn't help that we now have 2 players (McGinnity/Embley) suspended for 2 more weeks each.

Just thought I'd throw in a conspiracy theory.

Reckon Sheppard may have been sent out onto the field with concussion last week.

To avoid scrutiny they named him this week and he gets a mysterious one week injury at training.

Edit: Perhaps not, he's been bung with a 2 week hammy

Reckon Sheppard may have been sent out onto the field with concussion last week.

To avoid scrutiny they named him this week and he gets a mysterious one week injury at training.

Haha it was a good theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe they listed him as two weeks to throw you off ;).

So, potentially, we would have the following players available/back from suspension for the game against Gold Coast in two weeks time:

McGinnity
Embley
S.Selwood
Waters
Sheppard

Over the next two weeks we will hopefully be able to bring back;
Shuey
Wellingham
Kerr

Any danger of us being able to get through the next couple of weeks unscathed so that we can play the latter part of the season with some resemblance of our best 22? :confused:

If we could somehow jag a win against Sydney this week and do the business over the Dogs we could really set ourselves up for the run home: Gold Coast (PS), Essendon (ES), Geelong (PS), Pies (MCG), Adelaide (PS).

We need to win 5 of the last 7. WB, Gold Coast and Adelaide have to be wins. Need 2, perhaps three wins from the Sydney, Essendon, Geelong and Collingwood games.

Heard on the radio coming home from work so haven't got a link at this stage but apparently Naita has a back injury that needs to be managed through out the rest of his career. Was I hearing things?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back