List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Surely they pull the contract now if it hasn't been agreed and his injury is long term?
Feels like deja vu with Ryan's extension last year right before his hammy.
With Yeo, it feels like the club are given him an offer but he is still considering it?
If he hasn't signed it, then he might be kicking himself pending the severity of his injury being revealed.
Hoping for the best though.

Why then do the Lions deserve the extra AFL funding?
Man, I have no idea. Sheeet, we still owe the AFL $8mil.

If the AFL could explain it, then we'd all know.

I believe someone on our board went through last years p&l, and after paying back $2mil on our AFL debt, we made a $200k profit.

Guess that AFL funding keeps those teams afloat and the competition running.

The vAFL don't want to go back the VFL, cause they'd probably end up with just 6 teams and f-all revenue from TV rights deals.

Do you want to go back to the WAFL?
The Lions appear to be kissed on the codpiece and it sounds like your board agree
Not sure where you read that on our board.
Time to equalise across the whole competition
100% agree.

We could have an equal revenue sharing arrangement, then everyone would be financially equal.
Thanks for the offer of trawling but I suggest you should be bringing us the news. I thought the mods expected it from you - your entry fee to bring on our board so much
Short answer, our academy has been a failure since its inception. There are now less QLD'ers playing in the competition, than there were before the academies were introduced. But that doesn't explain the true story of the whole discussion.

p.s. I've said it many times, I'm all for an uncompromised draft, if the competition as a whole was uncompromised.

But that's never going to happen.

Actually mate. You are the one that has come onto our board. So maybe think about that first before you type
See, ya'll taking my original post the wrong way.

From the section I highlighted in AsterixTheGaul post, about the Northern Academies growing the game, etc. We're (the Lions academy) not.

Most of the growth up here, is on the back of all the Vics, and to a lesser extent, SA and WA families, moving here.

And AFLQ certainly ain't growing the game on their stripped back budget and revolving door of staff.

From the section I highlighted in AsterixTheGaul post, about the Northern Academies growing the game, etc. We're (the Lions academy) not.

Most of the growth up here, is on the back of all the Vics, and to a lesser extent, SA and WA families, moving here.

And AFLQ certainly ain't growing the game on their stripped back budget and revolving door of staff.
Like the Walters. And f**k you guys for that.

Going to through a bomb in here. What's Oscar Allen value if he returns to his pre injury form on the open market?

Straight swap Tom Green for Oscar Allen with extras picks from GWS Or Wce depending on which side needs to top it up to get it done?

With Jack Williams looking like a long term player, where does that leave Bailey once Flynn is back? Do we go back to considering trading him?
Already going to be a squeeze when Allen is back for KPF spots in the 22, let alone with Bailey trying to fit in there
Good question. It would be very tough on Bailey to leave him out, given how hard he has toiled for us over the last year or two, though Jack Williams is a far better forward than Bailey and backs up okay-ish in the ruck.

Darling needs to be dropped when Oscar Allen is back or Flynn who ever is first to come back

With Jack Williams looking like a long term player, where does that leave Bailey once Flynn is back? Do we go back to considering trading him?
Already going to be a squeeze when Allen is back for KPF spots in the 22, let alone with Bailey trying to fit in there
Jesus! No, we are not trading Bailey. I don't know why people keep trying to push this. We've put the hard work in and now he's approaching his prime, this is the time to keep him.

Flynn hasn't even played a game for us and has managed to miss half a season. I'm sick of people talking about him as if he's automatically a best 22 lock. Has a lot to prove.

Jesus! No, we are not trading Bailey. I don't know why people keep trying to push this. We've put the hard work in and now he's approaching his prime, this is the time to keep him.

Flynn hasn't even played a game for us and has managed to miss half a season. I'm sick of people talking about him as if he's automatically a best 22 lock. Has a lot to prove.
Its not like Flynn is some unknown quantity, he was leading the ruck for GWS for the first half of last year, he only lost it to Briggs who was one of the best ruckmen in the comp last year. We know that hes a better ruckman than Bailey, he definitely walks into our best 22 when fit.

If we have Jack Williams doing the same ruck/fwd role that Bailey would be doing, and we could get a decent pick, we would be silly not to at least consider it. We will lose young players as we build, we just dont have space in the 23 for them all, and especially if we trade/FA some players. Bailey would fetch a much higher price than J.Williams.
Better Bailey out than Waterman/Allen/Maric imo

Regardless, we are going to have a squeeze on our KPFs in a few weeks, we cant play them all, while on current form they all deserve to be in the team. Somethings gotta give

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Noah Long hasn’t done a knee, but if he has who are we targeting ?
Would it be a midfielder ? Yeo looks like missing a few games.
Sheed in the same boat as Gaffy now

Going to through a bomb in here. What's Oscar Allen value if he returns to his pre injury form on the open market?

Straight swap Tom Green for Oscar Allen with extras picks from GWS Or Wce depending on which side needs to top it up to get it done?
Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.

There are some things that shouldn’t be considered, and this is one of them.

NGA just match within 5 picks (10 at most). Can’t double dip like the Suns have. 4 first round picks last year and then trade out to get 3 this year. Putrid system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back