Remove this Banner Ad

BRENNA TARRANT

Recruited from:
Melbourne Demons
Height: 173cm
DOB: 03/11/01
Position: Utility
Brenna-Tarrant2.jpg
Tarrant comes to Sydney from the Melbourne Demons after two seasons in the AFLW. The 19-year-old was recruited by Melbourne with pick No.72 in the 2019 AFLW Draft, and has since played for the Demons 12 times, including three finals.
The Sydneysider admits she’s had a desire to pull on the red and white since she first kicked a football, and is excited by the challenge of building a new team.
My family and I have followed and supported the Swans for years now – I’ve never wanted anything more than this opportunity,” Tarrant said.
“I’ve been fortunate to have played AFLW over the past couple of years, including having finals experience, so I want to use that experience to help lift team and get us to a level where we can perform really well in our first season – and in the seasons to come.”
Tarrant can play at both ends of the field, and Sydney AFLW coach Scott Gowans said it’s a quality that caught his eye.
“Brenna is a very versatile player, she can play back, mid or forward, and we’ve really gone for her experience in that, playing through all three lines at AFLW level,” Gowans said.

“She’s come from a good program in Melbourne, and we believe she’s got some really good growth in her football that we can utilise.”
Scott-Gowans-and-Brenna-Tarrant.JPG

Last edited:

Young Tarrants Time to Shine
those marks in defence

Our great wall down back, BT turned 22 today. Fingers crossed for a birthday weekend win in the west!
#CheerThis

Before the league was announced in 2017, it was Brenna's dream to play for the Swans. Now, she’s one of a few to have played every game

For AFL(M) we talk about a team needing the players to have a few seasons (i.e 3*23 games = 69 games) together before the team gels.

The only players that have played every game for the Swans (20) are Sofia Hurley, Ella Heads, and Brenna.
We have only three players that have played twenty games together.

For AFL(M) we talk about a team needing the players to have a few seasons (i.e 3*23 games = 69 games) together before the team gels.

The only players that have played every game for the Swans (20) are Sofia Hurley, Ella Heads, and Brenna.
We have only three players that have played twenty games together.

Those three are crackerjack. Ella and Brenna crucial in our defence. Sofia more and more so in the midfield.

re-signed end of 2026
:heart:

22-year-old Tarrant took her game to a new level, and her efforts were recognised when she was awarded the Swans’ Best Player in Finals. Tarrant took seven marks under immense pressure in Sydney’s Elimination final and Semi Final appearance.
Tarrant is thrilled to be staying at the club, admitting she never saw herself wearing any other colours.
“This means a lot to not only to me but to my family too,” said Tarrant.
“I like to think I bleed red and white, my whole family supports them. We wore the Swans guernsey’s to school growing up, I can’t believe I get to wear these colours for another two years.”
Following a year of significant growth, Tarrant is excited to see what 2024 brings both personally and for the team.
“From last year to this year it’s, been a huge roller coaster. The way we have been able to turn ourselves around and play some great footy this year, you can only be excited for what’s to come for this team and I really want to be a part of it and be around these girls as long as I can.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back