Senior 2. Zach Tuohy (2017 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

You sound salty.

Not salty at all. I've been saying during most of his tenure here he was rubbish. One good year amongst the Essendon VFL team doesn't change that.

Not salty at all. I've been saying during most of his tenure here he was rubbish. One good year amongst the Essendon VFL team doesn't change that.
Maybe at the Cats he didn't prove his worth but it was a hard line-up to break into. Now that he's had some consistency it is clear he's no longer a 'spud'.

So it was purely about money. Fair enough, if his contract offer was one which suggested he was surplus to requirements then I don't blame him. We needed a player like 2E a lot more than you, so it works out for everyone.

Certainly not surplus to requirements as I see it!!! Solidly built, very durable, reliable down back, has a bit of pace, great kick and as real bonus can kick a big goal (reckon he is ready to be tried on the wing)!!! Has progressively been learning the subtleties of the game and recently won a place in AFLCA team last year. I reckon he just wanted to move to the next level with his contract - young family and wants to get money in the bank before he goes back to Ireland when he retires from AFL. Sad to see him go and really not quite sure why we were willing to let him go the way we did - maybe more to do with trade (salary cap) planning for 2017? He'll fit right in and be a fan favourite at Geelong in a short time - no doubt about that!

Last edited:
Certainly not surplus to requirements as I see it!!! Solidly built, very durable, reliable down back, has a bit of pace, great kick and as real bonus can kick a big goal (reckon he is ready to be tried on the wing)!!! Has progressively been learning the subtleties of the game and recently won a place in AFLCA team last year. I reckon he just wanted to move to the next level with his contract - young family and wants to get money in the bank before he goes back to Ireland when he retires from AFL. Sad to see him go and really not quite sure why we were willing to let him go the way we did - maybe more to do with trade planning for 2017? He'll fit right in and be a fan favourite at Geelong in a short time - no doubt about that!

Haven't seen much of him, good speed and a big kick seem his main attributes as you point out, but what's he like one on one as a defender, still the main requirement for anyone in defence IMO, not much point in being an attacking option if his opponents are kicking bags of goals.

Well Zach just has to play his role, we dont need a superstar just consistency, if he can do that he will be worth every cent spent....

s-l300.jpg
Still salty we lost him to the Swans. He was a very good footballer. He, Yates, Malarkey, and Bos made a very handy backline from memory.

Haven't seen much of him, good speed and a big kick seem his main attributes as you point out, but what's he like one on one as a defender, still the main requirement for anyone in defence IMO, not much point in being an attacking option if his opponents are kicking bags of goals.

Never lost his position in the side from memory and has learned how to defend 1-on-1 as well as run with the ball and launch attacking moves with his booming kick (with Gibbs, the best kick at Carlton) - three words, solid and reliable! Because he was very late to the game there is still some improvement there and I'm sure several years down the track supporters at Geelong will look back very, very favourably on this trade. So sorry to see him go, and don't know why, as I seen him as one of our top six players, with quite a few very good years ahead of him!

Never lost his position in the side from memory and has learned how to defend 1-on-1 as well as run with the ball and launch attacking moves with his booming kick (with Gibbs, the best kick at Carlton) - three words, solid and reliable! Because he was very late to the game there is still some improvement there and I'm sure several years down the track supporters at Geelong will look back very, very favourably on this trade. So sorry to see him go, and don't know why, as I seen him as one of our top six players, with quite a few very good years ahead of him!

Thanks for the reply.

See he's improved his possession average every year since 2012 (up to twenty this year) if he continues that trend we could have a pretty solid player on our hands who could provide something we've been lacking since Wojcinski hung up the boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the reply.

See he's improved his possession average every year since 2012 (up to twenty this year) if he continues that trend we could have a pretty solid player on our hands who could provide something we've been lacking since Wojcinski hung up the boots.

You hit the nail on the head! Obviously the AFLCA recognised his contribution and I don't know why he's not at Carlton? Great on the field and loved off the field...

Don't often disagree with your assessments, but I do here.
I think his timing at Geelong was unlucky- cursed by injuries that set him back 2 years.
Definite ability, and could see him helping out Hawkins this year, but not to be. And now he is injury free.

Don't often disagree with your assessments, but I do here.
I think his timing at Geelong was unlucky- cursed by injuries that set him back 2 years.
Definite ability, and could see him helping out Hawkins this year, but not to be. And now he is injury free.
Never rated him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back