Traded 2. Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

His strength to stand up in the tackle has impressed me..
Improvement in his kicking and decision making is more from getting used to the speed of the game you'd think..

If he can build a tank and spend more than 65% TOG, he is going to be an absolute weapon...

His ability to headbut someones gut impressed me

Wonder if the coaching change has helped.......????
Hard to tell, he had a pretty good preseason and played a great practice game against Essendon I think. His confidence would’ve got knocked around last year with injury, lack of VFL match practice opportunity etc..

Hopefully he’s building more belief in himself and his capabilities which is something I’d expect all coaches would be telling players.

It's just total hyperbole that he has never had a good kick in his career prior to the last 2 weeks.

True, but I don't think it's a reach to say his first quarter and half was the best footy I have seen Paddy play at AFL level yet.

I had a real good view of how he performed on the Wing, maybe I had too many drinks that night, but it was almost Judd like the dash, run and kicking skills Paddy displayed against Freo.

Think it was my favourite performance by a Bkue Bagger so far this season. It was

I have been hard (probably too hard) on this kid and I desperately want him to continue his brilliant form.
And I hope LOB gets a chance in the seniors too and prove me wrong too.

Paddy wants to stay at Carlton, so he better be working on deficiencies during this offseason. Needs to be stronger and his defensive running needs to show as much effort as his stoppage burst running.

Personally, I'd like to see him add another position to his portfolio.

Paddy wants to stay at Carlton, so he better be working on deficiencies during this offseason. Needs to be stronger and his defensive running needs to show as much effort as his stoppage burst running.

Personally, I'd like to see him add another position to his portfolio.
Would love to see him invest in his own fitness this off-season and get a running coach etc.

Needs to build his tank, lives with Walsh so hopefully they can train together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Paddy, not only do I hope you have a Will Brodie type year in 2024, but hope you are able to sustain that for the rest of your career

this one hurts more than any other since hamill..........really mixed emotions - hope he kills it but in doing so it doesn't benefit them - yeah, I know - really disconsolate over this I gotta say.........

Yeah wish him well but wish it wasn't the Aints. Its like sending off a dog to a new home hoping for the best but the new owners end up being not exactly the cream of society and smell funny.

All the best, Paddy. I really do wish the best for him over at the Saints. I was proud of his resilience to come and work his way back into the side after being frozen out. He showed some signs of what he could do second half of this season. Unfortunately just too many ahead of him with the quality we have. Really wanted him to make it here.

Go well, Paddy. Thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back