List Mgmt. 17 decisions required by EOY for the list management team

Remove this Banner Ad

Blightys Barrel

Senior List
Jul 31, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting looking at the expiring contracts list for the end of year on the www.footywire.com website. From the 44 listed players, less Tarryn Thomas it’s 43 players. Of those there are 18 players who are out of a contract. So in no particular order, here they are. I have had a crack at the Keep or Depart status for each based on the following criteria.
1. Is young and has upside to develop.
2. Can hold a permanent place down in 2027 when we start contending in the finals (I am an eternal optimist 😎).
3. Provides exceptional leadership to the younger players.
4. Puts all their shite luck behind them and develops into the player we thought they were going to be.
5. Complete attitude reset and tied down to basic payments with massive KPI’s bonus if they perform.

1. Cooper Harvey - Keep based on some more of his genes will wake up and he starts playing like his Dad did.
  2. Curtis Taylor - Depart. 6 years to show his wares.
  3. Lazz - Depart.
  4. Brayden G - Keep
  5. Blake Drury - Keep
  6. Bailey Scott - Keep, but only pay for effective kicks.
  7. Tony Pink - Depart
  8. Will Phil - Depart (16 weeks to make a fool of me)
  9. Sellers - Keep.
  10. RHJ - Depart. Not sure why he was recruited in the first place.
  11. Liam Shiels - Depart
  12. K Dawson - Keep
  13. Jack Archer - Depart. Only picked because of Dad and does not play like him.
  14. Hugh G - Depart
  15. Hamish Free - Keep
  16. Finbar Makey - Keep
  17. Eddie Ford - Keep
  18. Bull Zurhaar - Keep

Interesting looking at the expiring contracts list for the end of year on the www.footywire.com website. From the 44 listed players, less Tarryn Thomas it’s 43 players. Of those there are 18 players who are out of a contract. So in no particular order, here they are. I have had a crack at the Keep or Depart status for each based on the following criteria.
2. Can hold a permanent place down in 2027 when we start contending in the finals (I am an eternal optimist 😎).
4. Puts all their shite luck behind them and develops into the player we thought they were going to be.
5. Complete attitude reset and tied down to basic payments with massive KPI’s bonus if they perform.

1. Cooper Harvey - Keep based on some more of his genes will wake up and he starts playing like his Dad did.
  3. Lazz - Depart.
  4. Brayden G - Keep
  5. Blake Drury - Keep
  7. Tony Pink - Depart
  9. Sellers - Keep.
  11. Liam Shiels - Depart
  12. K Dawson - Keep
  13. Jack Archer - Depart. Only picked because of Dad and does not play like him.
  14. Hugh G - Depart
  15. Hamish Free - Keep
  16. Finbar Makey - Keep
  17. Eddie Ford - Keep
  18. Bull Zurhaar - Keep

I'd say Free is a depart.

Retire shiels and greenwood
Delist Free, Pink, RHJ
Plus Thomas is gone

Trade bait bailey scott

Keep the rest

I'd keep Archer over Harvey, looked comfortable at senior level.
Problem with Curtis is his best spot is high half-forward but we have been forced to use that spot for our plethora of midfielders. I've never seen him as a winger and yet that is where we play him. As a junior he was a mobile, high-flying half forward who could kick a bag and yet we use him up the ground.
Greenwood and Shiels have both been down compared to last year. Either time is catching up or they are carrying niggles.
Free would be a great VFL ruckman.
RHJ gotta go.
Good things happen when Lazzaro plays. He works hard, he hits targets, he gets clearances. He has some zip and speed about him.
Bailey needs to be on a wing. He is not a backman. He was club top 5 bnf as a winger.

3. Lazz - Depart.
  4. Brayden G - Keep
  5. Blake Drury - Keep
  7. Tony Pink - Depart
  9. Sellers - Keep.
  11. Liam Shiels - Depart
  12. K Dawson - Keep
  14. Hugh G - Depart
  15. Hamish Free - Keep
  16. Finbar Makey - Keep
  17. Eddie Ford - Keep
  18. Bull Zurhaar - Keep

You are aware what Cooper did at VFL level last year as an 18 year old?

He'd wouldn't be in the top 30 delisting candidates and will probably be best 22 shortly after returning from injury.

3. Lazz - Depart.
  4. Brayden G - Keep
  5. Blake Drury - Keep
  7. Tony Pink - Depart
  9. Sellers - Keep.
  11. Liam Shiels - Depart
  12. K Dawson - Keep
  14. Hugh G - Depart
  15. Hamish Free - Keep
  16. Finbar Makey - Keep
  17. Eddie Ford - Keep
  18. Bull Zurhaar - Keep

1. Cooper Harvey - Keep (has a future once he's over his injuries)
  2. Curtis Taylor - Delist (into the Marianas Trench)
  3. Lazz - Keep (short term deal)
  4. Brayden G - Keep (need to see how he goes)
  5. Blake Drury - Keep (has surprised me, thought he was garbage)
  6. Bailey Scott - Keep (play in the appropriate position however)
  7. Tony Pink - Keep (until W.Dawson is ready)
  8. Will Phil - Keep (he has a place in our midfield)
  9. Sellers - Keep (ouft)
  10. RHJ - Delist (no good)
  11. Liam Shiels - Delist (game has passed him by)
  12. K Dawson - Keep (good player)
  13. Jack Archer - Keep (needs a shot)
  14. Hugh G - Delist (thanks for your service, clearly not part of the plans)
  15. Hamish Free - Delist (garbage)
  16. Finbar Makey - Keep (break glass in case of emergency)
  17. Eddie Ford - Keep (how could we delist him)
  18. Bull Zurhaar - FA (he's gone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back