Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really happy we've signed Kemp on for another 2 years, great news!

However the 4 resignings today have me concerned at how quickly we have been offering players new contracts after showing a little bit of form. What's most worrying is the length of those contracts with most feeling longer than what they should be and I'm genuinely surprised and left scratching my head at some of our decisions from over the past 18 months in this space.

For example we have 9 people currently on our rookie list and now 7 of the 9 have contracts for 2024 with the exception of Ed Curnow and Sam Durdin. That's not leaving much flexibility for next year especially if some of the injury prone players are pushed to a rookie list.

Of recent contract extensions we have LOB with a contract for next year despite barely playing this year when perhaps a 1 year contract extension may have been more warranted last year rather than 2 years. Fisher still has 2 more years on his contract which seems like we offered him too many given he's not getting a game. Dow had an extra year for this year which was also too long. Pitto got 4 years just a few months back yet struggles with injury every year. Young got 3 years in March yet has been in and out of the team. All of these players have been somewhat fringe players this year.

Anyone else think we're a bit too quick in this space and a bit too generous with years?

SOS was right on this chap.

So was Andrew Walker

;)

So was Jabba73!

Kemp if he is still available. Almost big enough for key position, showed enough playing in the midfield.

Can never have enough big solid mids who can play in other positions.

Good kid from a good family too.

Been on Kemp all year, great kid from a great family.

Over the ******* moon with this pick, can’t wait to see what he can do.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp paid the club back handsomely today with an awesome performance.

I love how he goes about it. Athletic. Jumps as high as anyone. His rebound is immense.

No longer a fringe player. Absolutely locked in to our best 22 for the next decade :padlock:

Not just because he wears number 17 - but he does have a bit of the Brent Crosswell about him.

Was absolutely reamed by the umpires too and still performed admirably. Great challenge for a young kid when Razor Ray is actively trying to get a team back in the game through ur direct opponent. Wonderful player.

Showing some good signs, good levels of intensity as well.. big tick there.

My only concern with him is his kicking, below average and a very flawed technique.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back