Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people think tall wingmen is something that works. Richo and Reiwoldt 2 of the best CHF's did it in teams that were no good and would have been better if they played in their prime position.

Wingmen need to be players with elite running ability that can break lines and pinpoint passes I50. Smith and Hill were a massive part of why the Hawks were so good. That what we need to be looking for from our wings.
Elite running ability...check
Break lines...............check
Pinpoint passes? Disposal is a little more carefully effective than "pinpoint"

Not suggesting he is a career wingman. We are oversubscribed for midfielders. He is more a play maker than the dour stopping defender, he played as this year.
The bloke is a star of the future, he needs a role to integrate him in to the side. We need to develop another key defender in the near future, stacking the defence with 3rd talls is not sensible for mine. If he comes on, LOB is that attacking wingman. Otherwise we will be rotating players through the wing, Cerra, Walsh, Williams maybe Stocker and eventually Carroll. We don't have a dedicated, classic wing other than LOB, for '22 we need a hybrid or rotating role. It may be necessary to acquire a dedicated wing man in the future, but don't discount playing Walshy through there at least 50/50.

As much as it breaks my heart to concede Marchbank will never return to the player we had a taste of early days.

I think we can be pretty bullish about Kemp becoming that player.

13 marks tonight carrying his intercepting form from the VFL to the top grade.

Can play tall and small. Which is perfect for balance in defence.

How good is his leap?

Hope he stays in for another two at least.

I think so and he may soon make McGovern redundant. He also potentially allows Young to be relief Ruck instead of TDK. Gives us a lot more flexibility when negotiating contracts with McGovern and TDK.

I’m glad they didn’t rush Kemp into the firsts - he earned his way with consistent solid form in the VFL and he can only get better from here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think so and he may soon make McGovern redundant. He also potentially allows Young to be relief Ruck instead of TDK. Gives us a lot more flexibility when negotiating contracts with McGovern and TDK.

I’m glad they didn’t rush Kemp into the firsts - he earned his way with consistent solid form in the VFL and he can only get better from here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When we’ve got the faster smaller guys in the side, down back and paired with great runners on the wings, we can probably play both Gov and Kemp alongside Weiters and Young.

While not quite on par with Saad, Doc, Cincotta, Boyd & co, Kemp and Gov can still move pretty well and both have attacking/offensive abilities.

Really good last night. Didn't have much by way of opposition but looked calm and confident.

Two intercept marks early in the first really set the tone for him, and on initial viewing I couldn't fault the performance other than one poor kick in the 4th (?) which directly resulted in a West Coast goal.

Absolutely deserves to keep his spot next week. Let's see how he goes against a much, much stronger opponent.

Two year extension. Happy days.

YES! I had a good feeling opening this thread after seeing the other three re-signings today. So happy, Brodie Kemp is turning into a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

195-COMM23-AFL-Re-Signs-Kemp-Web.jpg

Great news. Has taken some big strides this season and shows heaps of potential for a young 14-gamer. And enjoyable to watch.
Yeah. Love seeing Kemp repay the faith after we overlooked players like Georgiades and SDK in the draft to select a player who was going to miss his first year with an ACL. This years form is why he was highly touted in his draft class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back