Senior 15. Sam Docherty

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Kangas supporter Cunners recent news has put Mens health issues well and truly back into perspective to myself,

just chiming in to hope the Doc meets his challenges in the most positive way, whilst we are all tribal on the field doesnt mean we have to disrespect our opposition off field, Also the way Doc goes about it he wouldn't be put of place in a shinboner jersey.

Get well Sam and hope to see you in combat again before to long.

Last edited:
As a Kangas supporter Cunners recent news has put Mens health issues well and truly back into perspective to myself,

just chiming in to hope the Doc meets his challenges in the most positive way, whilst we are all tribal on the field doesnt mean we have to disrespect our opposition off field, Also the way Dos goes about it he wouldn't be put of place in a shinboner jersey.

Get well Sam and hope to see you in combat again before to long.
Good to see that all went well with Cunners. Hopefully we get similar news with Doc 💙

I think this is a positive move for Docherty and the club. Move back to single captain & vice captains style setup.

Have the club revealed what Doc's recovery timeline looks like? It was 12 weeks of Chemo from mid-late august, and he's returned for pre-season training. Is the intention for him to be ready by round 1, or more likely later in the season?

I think this is a positive move for Docherty and the club. Move back to single captain & vice captains style setup.

Have the club revealed what Doc's recovery timeline looks like? It was 12 weeks of Chemo from mid-late august, and he's returned for pre-season training. Is the intention for him to be ready by round 1, or more likely later in the season?
I think it would be a big stretch to say he’d be ready for Rd1.

This isn’t just an injury it is a full body transformation. Realistically I’d say a mid season return would be more appropriate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be a big stretch to say he’d be ready for Rd1.

This isn’t just an injury it is a full body transformation. Realistically I’d say a mid season return would be more appropriate.
Sadly, using Des English as an example... there is a very real chance that we never see Doc on a field again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back