Rookie 38. Sam Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Sam Durdin. Go really well .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So to summarise the 'knock' on him from North fans:

• Very laconic
  • Kind of ran around and did nothing
  • Probably a bit stiff to be de-listed at the time and many would have preferred he been retained at the time.

• Very laconic
  • Probably a bit stiff to be de-listed at the time and many would have preferred he been retained at the time.
Maybe he was poorly coached at North and hopefully Voss can bring the best out of him.

Won't be shocked if he has a Sam Collins type of career revival for you guys, was relatively surprised he was delisted when he was though not overly disappointed as although he had decent size, athleticism and skills for a KPD I thought he lacked intensity and physicality in his game (at the time) and wasn't sure if he was ever gonna put it all together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what makes a player ‘hold back’ and not crash through the ball on a spoil. Like if you’re 197-199, solid enough, it can’t be ‘fear’ surely? I can’t be ‘lack of knowledge’ over what’s required. “Hey here’s a video of you not going hard enough. Next time the ball is in the air, KILL IT.”

I mean I get lack of athleticism. I get fumbling. Bad hands.

I do not get ‘lack of intensity’. Unless is ‘visual noisier’ dostracting the player. But I also think that can be worked through.

Anyway. Just some musings.

I wonder what makes a player ‘hold back’ and not crash through the ball on a spoil. Like if you’re 197-199, solid enough, it can’t be ‘fear’ surely? I can’t be ‘lack of knowledge’ over what’s required. “Hey here’s a video of you not going hard enough. Next time the ball is in the air, KILL IT.”

I mean I get lack of athleticism. I get fumbling. Bad hands.

I do not get ‘lack of intensity’. Unless is ‘visual noisier’ dostracting the player. But I also think that can be worked through.

Anyway. Just some musings.

Some people are just... nice/gentle. Can still be a great player, though.

Guess one of my Jeffry garlett jersey with 38 on it will make me a Durdin Super fan. Haha.

• Very laconic
So he was doing the same thing at norf as all his team mates................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back