#13 - Taylor Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Taylor Walker

Vader said:
I am loathe to read too much into his form in the Broken Hill league.

Yes, he's playing as a boy amongst men, but what is the quality of play like in that league? I strongly suspect that it's a case of big fish in a small pond.

We won't really get a decent idea of how good he is until we see him playing against players of a higher standard - as he did when playing for the NSW/ACT Rams at the National Champs.

The fact that he made the AA team is encouraging, but history is littered with players who made AA at U18 level but couldn't make the transition. Still, based on what we know he has to be worth at least our last draft pick in what is perceived to be a weak draft this year.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8632969&postcount=32

Mmmm love to know your thoughts now Vader :D

Well, he was a big fish in a small pond over there... a very big fish! :D:thumbsu:

And we did get an idea of how good he was once he started playing against higher rated opponents, first in the TAC Cup, then in the SANFL reserves, then in the SANFL.

And he was worth at least our last pick in that draft. Also our first pick, but at least out last pick ;)

Looks like Vader was right on the money! :p

Mmmm love to know your thoughts now Vader :D

He has stepped up nicely every time it has been asked of him. From the Broken Hill league he went to the SANFL magoos. He was too good to remain there long and spent the bulk of the year in Norwood's SANFL league team where he excelled, his season highlighted by an outstanding performance against Port in the first final.

In 2009 he has stepped up again, this time to the AFL. Scoring at least 1 goal in every game, his highlight so far is a 3-goal game against Fremantle.

Yes, I'm impressed with him and I can see why he is being rated as our best forward since Modra. Previously I was hesitant because we didn't really have a yardstick against which to measure his performances - we are now able to put his efforts into perspective and he measures up very nicely thankyou!

He has stepped up nicely every time it has been asked of him. From the Broken Hill league he went to the SANFL magoos. He was too good to remain there long and spent the bulk of the year in Norwood's SANFL league team where he excelled, his season highlighted by an outstanding performance against Port in the first final.

In 2009 he has stepped up again, this time to the AFL. Scoring at least 1 goal in every game, his highlight so far is a 3-goal game against Fremantle.

Yes, I'm impressed with him and I can see why he is being rated as our best forward since Modra. Previously I was hesitant because we didn't really have a yardstick against which to measure his performances - we are now able to put his efforts into perspective and he measures up very nicely thankyou!
Quality response Vader.

The T Walk fist pump.

ce941985048252af545570b10fe45613.gif
I think I can beat that....

10xhogx.gif

or even better, the whole highlights scheme!

2wrhvs7.gif

;)

(Big thanks to SAAndy :) )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone catch his interview with Fitzy yesterday? I only got the tail end of it. I loved it how he was talking about how Brian Lake got stuck into him about his ears.

Fitzy asked him "what was he saying?" and Walker replied "just about the size of them". Fitzy asked him if he said anything back and Walker said yeah but he wasn't sure if he was allowed to say it on air.

I've seen the footage of Lake talking to Walker, and Walker cracking a huge grin and saying something back.

I'd very much like to imagine that Walker said something along the lines of "You reckon my ears are big? You should check inside my pants!" :D

Edit: He also named "Andy Ottens" as his most annoying teammate. Yes, he pronounced Otten's name wrong :D

Also since I'm here, it amused me slightly to learn that in his eight games so far Walker has not once bounced the footy :D

Did anyone catch his interview with Fitzy yesterday? I only got the tail end of it. I loved it how he was talking about how Brian Lake got stuck into him about his ears.

That's gold.:D

I remember Taylor's old man used to call me 'Watto', after Shane Watson, the wingnut who played for Collingwood. Naturally, being a little smartarse kid, Taylor followed suit. Now, his are heaps bigger than mine!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back