AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every week he takes a couple of really important marks.
Did it in his first year at important moments - one was the Anzac match on the wing when Collingwood were pressing - it was contested. I can understand why they want him to succeed there. Heres to simplifying things and getting him to tap into desire to compete.

Still big doubs but not much better.
I wonder what role Cox sees himself as. Key back he seems timid and lacks confidence. Wing?

I Think worth persisting on a wing. We need more marking power around the ground and look for what we could be. What strength could he be.

The key position trial I still see as him being a aldi ridley.

Thought he was terrible first half, and did some nice things and got more into it in the second.
Still has a long way to go, and conscious I'm probably marking him too hard but need to see a lot more pretty soon otherwise a spell in the vfl might be needed for confidence and role clarity

Has his thirst for the contest back and is playing with some confidence . Really building nicely, some very good 1 on 1 efforts tonight,

Big contest in the last, spoiled from being out of position under the ball to prevent a repeat inside 50 for them late. A few nice overhead marks where he's stopped pulling the head in expecting contact. Improving every week.

Thought he was very obvious good in the first half. Competitive, got plenty of ball, influenced forward.

Less obvious in sending half… A less possessions but stayed influential through effort.

A true utility. Seemed to be wing mostly…

Loved the mark going back to repel half way through the 3rd.

Loved the inbound kick on the F50.

But above all else, loved him getting into Tex at the end of the second quarter… solid controlled attitude. Not seen that before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see the stats on contested ball and 1%ers.
Yeah, he’s my boy, but I think I saw him either win or neutralise most contests.

Consistent second, third efforts.

Hit targets every time.

Al Pacino GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back