Player Watch #13: Jack Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony of the player manager alluding to Higgo being uncomfortable watching others win a premiership and then him choosing St Kilda, who virtually do nothing but watch on grand final days, seems eerily reminiscent of Lids experiences at GWS.

Neither act was worth too much emotion from the Tiger faithful at the time of going and maybe only muted sympathy later.

All the best to Higgo, thanks for the snags.

Tiges supporters knocking the bloke on the way out can get in the bin.
Was a bit dismayed at his departure when it happened, but I agree now, I don’t understand why some are knocking him so hard.

He’s never been problematic at Richmond and has given us good service. He hasn’t really pissed me off either (I don’t think I was annoyed at him at all throughout his time at Richmond). Quite an inoffensive player actually.

Also, a part of being a successful side is losing good youngsters on the fringe and that’s what happened with Higgins as well. We did well to keep so many good kids at the club like Stack, CCJ, Balta and Bolton to name a few as well as some important seniors like Broad, so our retention has been really good overall. Hence, there is no need for us to be bitter as we still have a good bunch.

Wish him all the best and hopefully he does well at St Kilda

Just don't see upside in him .Was at times a momentum killer for us to field kicking was poor even skills.If he had the want he would have buckle down and force himself in the team obviously didn't.
Yep. I saw him as a non-damaging 15-20 possession player that might kick a goal every two games.

I’m not sure where he fit in our game plan. Not quick, not a man marker. Not a goal sneak or defensive forward. Not an inside mid. And his upside is questionable.

But if he replicates his Richmond form at St Kilda, I think their fans will be happy.
He could prove me wrong and become the next Prestia, but it’s more likely that he remains a solid contributor for the rest of his career. And that’s not a slight on him at all.

what a truly sh*t deal. Very weak as piss negotiating by us. We might be elite everywhere else, but at trade time we are really not doing much during our dynasty. every player that has left we have received sh*t compo for - Butler, Higgins, Lloyd, B.Elllis - all dollars we gave up for cents.
At least Rance is coming back.
Butler was lazy after 17.Be interesting how he goes in his 2nd year at the Saints.(Got Biggie With his pick ironically the saints NGA)
Lloyd has been iffy at the Dogs.Doubt he'll survive beyond next year.( Drafted Frazer Turner)
B.Ellis.Not sure how you can say we screwed up.AFLHQ set the compo not us.(Noah Cumberland)

I remember Dusty being asked about that joke and he said he honestly couldnt remember it but everybody was just laughing trying to understand what he was saying as he was mumbling with excitement and got the punch line mixed up and couldnt exactly remember the real punchline
His heart was going at 1000 mins per sec.

what a truly sh*t deal. Very weak as piss negotiating by us. We might be elite everywhere else, but at trade time we are really not doing much during our dynasty. every player that has left we have received sh*t compo for - Butler, Higgins, Lloyd, B.Elllis - all dollars we gave up for cents.
At least Rance is coming back.
Every player you mentioned were vfl players.. what did you want for them?? Except Ellis and he was a free agent nothing to do with what we wanted for him.

Every player you mentioned were vfl players.. what did you want for them?? Except Ellis and he was a free agent nothing to do with what we wanted for him.
Every player has been out of contract, we offer them low wage, most of these players have had one just club after them too. Glad we got a decent pick for a contracted player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't let the door hit you on the way out higgo, weak by you, fight for your spot instead of taking the easy road out
Reading between the lines it appears that Tiger list management whispered to Higgos management that a look around for richer, greener pastures would be met with no issues at Tigerland.

Calling higgo weak is wrong and pathetic. A potentially dying young man dealing with pain and dizziness, followed by a major, delicate and dangerous operation leaving him unable to walk/talk properly for a while.

And then to break back into the best team of modern times is an achievement in guts and determination.

I'm calling higgo as brave and as plucky as they come and another reason l'm happy with my Clubs dealing with its affairs treating it's players with humility and care rather than used cars (Collingwood and Essendon spring to mind).

Last edited:
Reading between the lines it appears that Tiger list management whispered to Higgos management that a look around for richer, greener pastures would be met with no issues at Tigerland.

Calling higgo weak is wrong and pathetic. A potentially dying young man dealing with pain and dizziness, followed by a major, delicate and dangerous operation leaving him unable to talk properly for a while.

And then to break back into the best team of modern times is an achievement in guts and determination.

I'm calling higgo as brave and as plucky as they come and another reason l'm happy with my Clubs dealing with its affairs treating it's players with humility and care rather than used cars (Collingwood and Essendon spring to mind).
also club delisted much loved Towno...it works both ways.

(and yeah the handrails you see in ads/movies that patients used to grab onto to learn to walk again, it's not for dramatic effects...it's REAL!!)

WHY the hate!!!!

Awww , did he hurt your feeling when he left, awww, get some vicks and make a nice cup of tea, make you feel better.
Gee I'm glad none of you wingers are playing for the Tigers, We would've won 3 wooded spoons with you wingers instead of three premierships.

The kid wants to play for the team he loves and grew up with..... and he has a chance of getting a game to boot.

Tigers v Saints GF for 2021 ??? - Tigers by 50 - a 3peat and sorry to Dan and Snags - calling it now .....

WHY the hate!!!!

Awww , did he hurt your feeling when he left, awww, get some vicks and make a nice cup of tea, make you feel better.
Gee I'm glad none of you wingers are playing for the Tigers, We would've won 3 wooded spoons with you wingers instead of three premierships.

The kid wants to play for the team he loves and grew up with..... and he has a chance of getting a game to boot.
I'm not a winger, don't have the tank. More a bear in the square type.

Seriously, they can't even spell ARSE PARK down there correctly.

View attachment 1011578

To be fair, St Kilda have been looking for a mousey ratfaced campaigner since losing Milney, Piggin's fits the bill nicely. I say that with a certain level of my tounge in my cheek, but do feel Hartley pointed a nice level of shade on why he wanted to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back