Senior 12. Tom De Koning

Remove this Banner Ad

Evident from day 1 that De Koning just had something.
It didn't always translate into many possessions nor the best-timed ruck work, but he was always somehow involve in the action.

Happy to see the contract extension, but would have been happier had another year or two been tacked on.

TDKLandscape2023.jpg

giphy.gif

I am one of the biggest fanboys of TDK on this board. Something special about the lad. We have developed and nurtured him beautifully i feel, which is most encouraging (something we have failed to do with many other mid range picks over the years)

He is a keeper, Tommy Boy !

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know you get these tall players and people say "got to give him time" and " talk players take longer" and you wait and wait and wait never really knowing if the8be any good or not.

Not with this kid.

Although he hasn't set the world on fire I've never been more certain that a good prospect will come good, than with this kid.

You know you get these tall players and people say "got to give him time" and " talk players take longer" and you wait and wait and wait never really knowing if the8be any good or not.

Not with this kid.

Although he hasn't set the world on fire I've never been more certain that a good prospect will come good, than with this kid.

People always say to give players time, which is of course true, but it's been my observation over the years that special players usually show plenty very early, it's just that it's more in 'glimpses' and they can't do it consistently for at least a couple of years.

I'm not a huge believer in the player that shows very little in their first couple of years growing into an absolute star - it can happen but it's pretty rare imo.

TDK even in his first year definitely showed some of those special glimpses, for mine.

People always say to give players time, which is of course true, but it's been my observation over the years that special players usually show plenty very early, it's just that it's more in 'glimpses' and they can't do it consistently for at least a couple of years.

I'm not a huge believer in the player that shows very little in their first couple of years growing into an absolute star - it can happen but pretty rare imo.

TDK even in his first year definitely showed some of those special glimpses, for mine.

So where do stand on TDK?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back