Sunday 1st August
@ Box Hill City Oval

Seniors at 2:00pm
(Development
Team 11am)

Radio
wbc.jpg

Teams Below
After last weeks "Escape From Alcatraz" in Frankston, Box Hill Hawks are back at home on Sunday and will be looking for a more enthusiastic four quarter effort in front of a large and vocal home crowd.

I probably won't be able to attend more than the 2nd half as I'll be returning from the Hawthorn game in Adelaide but I'll be there as quick as airline, airport bus and train schedules allow.

If anyone can post match reports, pics etc that would be fantastic! Cheers. Russ

I'll be there around 3 pm to cheers after a bruising trip to see hawks v port Adelaide

Casey is a difficult opposition. Last time dunn took us to the cleaners and kicked 8. Need to be on top of our game for 4 quarters to get a win

go stangers

TEAMS
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...sk=DETAIL&articleID=12820085&sectionID=129988
SENIORS
B Savage Muston Breust

HB Lisle Peterson Kayler-Thomson

C Schoenmakers Tuck Moss

HF Hooper Dowler Morton

F Shiels Suckling Lowden

R Taylor Stokes Milne

Int (from) Smithwick Pedersen Neil Kiel Kenna J. Hoegel Fagan S. Gibson

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
B Kennedy Van Unen Neil

HB Sierakowski Warby C. Hoegel

C Dowler Jackson Cass

HF Duryea Smithwick Kitchin

F Johnston Campbell Grimley

R Mirra McGuinness Williams

Int (From) Tobin McShane Thompson Burnage George Renton Ledin Conyers

It is indeed interesting to see Dowler named in both firsts and seconds this week. If he is unfortunate enough to be dropped then I hope he approaches it with determination to fight his way back into BH 1sts, Hawthorn etc.

If he plays BH seniors then hopefully he is full of hunger to play at a standard we know he is capable of.

Or it could be a misprint on the website given he isn't named on the bench of either side? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the coaching staff are giving Dowler a not so subtle message?

Thought Ryan Jackson would have come into the seniors given Curnow's continued absence.

Carl Peterson is unlucky too. Not even an emergency for Hawthorn.

A very strong Box Hill side on paper. Let's hope all the boys are switched on for a big game. Taylor will benefit from another good hit out in the ruck. The Hawthorn listed boys should be doing everything they can to gain benefit from the games in the Box Hill seniors and make sure that selection continues to be competitive for Hawthorn. It's been good to see these blokes acting more like leaders round Box Hill and helping the younger kids find their straps.

With finals footy likely for Hawthorn, Box Hill Seniors and Box Hill Development Squad, it's imperative that all sides play with great endeavour, stick to the game plan and backup their teammates.

Great to see Hoops getting a run. Hopefully he can ease his way back into it and crack into the senior side with a few rounds to go before the finals so the team settles with an extra crumber.

Fingers crossed for a nice day weather wise and that we get a good showing. I enjoy the way the afl and vfl fixtures have worked lately - when hawks are playing interstate, box hill hawks are playing at home and often vise versa, so it's always a breeze to get to at least one of the matches even if interstate travel isn't an option.

Very strong looking lineup on paper. Am keen to keep a very close eye on Tails, Hoops and Peterson

Of all players on our list, only Bailey and Brown not named this weekend (and Croad if you want to go there). Unheard of, certainly in my time following footy.

The Stanger shave a great opportunity to consolidate their position in the eight - against a side further up the ladder - this weekend.

Brad Miller & Matthew Bate may prove challenging for our defence, but I reckon we should win this game.

I may be able to make it on Sunday.

Potentially stupid question alert: Will my Hawks membership get me in at the gate?

You should have got a box hill membership letter which you would then have to redeem at the ground and get a card. I did mine at waverley before the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back