VFL The North VFL Thread [R10 - NMFC d CLFC - Laz 33d/7c; Hugh 27d/8tkl; Stiffy 22d/9m; Will 17d/1g/5c; Sellers 3.3; Teakle 14d/1.1; Payne 9d/2tkl]

Remove this Banner Ad

That other number 1 rookie draft pick ruckman we got a few years ago was raw too. He failed.... Badly .....

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Goad is a top 25 draft pick with incredible athleticism, Edwards was a spud with zero drive who looked better than he actually was because he bullied 18 and 17 year olds as an overager

I really like Watkins, wouldn't mind picking him up in the mid season draft. I know he's short and not that fast, but he's a great tackler. Could he play as a defensive pressure small forward?

Goad needs to do more
I would like to see Goad (and Maley) ignore his opponent at the boundary throw-ins and just stand exactly where he expects the ball to land. He is going shoulder-to-shoulder to begin with and then getting outrun to the ball drop, with his opponent tapping it at knee height.

Lazz the only one putting his had up for a promotion at the moment.

And why has Ben Davis never been given a shot at AFL?
He has been given a shot. Was in Adelaide’s list for 5 years and played 11 games.

I really like Watkins, wouldn't mind picking him up in the mid season draft. I know he's short and not that fast, but he's a great tackler. Could he play as a defensive pressure small forward?

Nah, not fast enough to play that role at AFL level. I rate Watkins but unfortunately this is his level imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched today, can anyone give me a quick hit on how the following guys went;
  • Ford
  • Bigoa
  • Lazz
  • Phillips
  • Greenwood

I think Cooper Harvey should be playng B grade footy in the EDFL. Might get a kick. We need the list spot for AFL footballers.
Isn't this his first game back from his ankle?

Haven't watched today, can anyone give me a quick hit on how the following guys went;
  • Ford
  • Bigoa
  • Lazz
  • Phillips
  • Greenwood

Ford been okay from limited opportunities. Playing deep forward.

Biggie has been bad, beaten half a dozen times in contested situations and has been lazy with his kicking which has resulted in turnovers.

Lazz been our best providing drive through the midfield and winning first posessions. Also kicked a goal and missed another.

Phillips been decent without being outstanding. 13 posessions to half time and 5 or so tackles. Had a couple of really nice creative handballs to open up the play.

Greenwood has been okay, but has been well beaten around the ground, had a couple of shots on goal when moved forward. Tackling in the contest good.

Ford been okay from limited opportunities. Playing deep forward.

Biggie has been bad, beaten half a dozen times in contested situations and has been lazy with his kicking which has resulted in turnovers.

Lazz been our best providing drive through the midfield and winning first posessions. Also kicked a goal and missed another.

Phillips been decent without being outstanding. 13 posessions to half time and 5 or so tackles. Had a couple of really nice creative handballs to open up the play.

Greenwood has been okay, but has been well beaten around the ground, had a couple of shots on goal when moved forward. Tackling in the contest good.

Sincerely appreciated 👍🏽

Remove this Banner Ad

Back