Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

still reckon he's carrying something... ankle related perhaps?

I feel like he's working just as hard but for less reward. Just hasn't quite got into the Charlie Curnow rhythm this year yet.

Watched him closely the last few weeks. He looks to be 5 or 10% off his best imo. That kick from Ollie in the first qtr last week, it was strange why he didn't just go and mark that instead he let it bounce in front of him? Just little timing things like that, set shots etc he seems a fraction out of form.

The fact i'm saying this when he's kicked 20 goals just shows the high standards he's set for himself, how damaging he is when gets it and how lucky we are to have him.

Clubs are doing a reasonable job at planting their spare man 15/20m in front of him which he's still probably trying to work out how to deal with too.

Last edited:

G'day Blues fans, I'm a bit of a stat head and just thought I'd share this with you;

The last 9 Premiers have all had a Positive Differential in both Territory and Intercepts per game. Carlton are well and truly in the window. Best of luck for the rest of the season...

View attachment 1971356

LOL - so basically North are sitting down the Punt Rd end in Level 2 eating a pie !!

G'day Blues fans, I'm a bit of a stat head and just thought I'd share this with you;

The last 9 Premiers have all had a Positive Differential in both Territory and Intercepts per game. Carlton are well and truly in the window. Best of luck for the rest of the season...

View attachment 1971356
you know when you have to shift a whole graph off centre just to fit a club in, they are well and truly cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vossy's presser in full ...

He’s impressive and what the club needed. He has the personality and aura for a big club

The appointment of Sayers as President and his ability to appoint the right people (like Cook) and get the best out of others has changed the direction of this club for the better

Last edited:
The difference between his pressers these days compared to when he first got the gig are chalk and cheese.

They used to be full of cliches and motherhood statements that I personally found pretty annoying - but he seems to be much more relaxed these days, and more comfortable in his position.

I reckon Vossy's growth has gone hand in hand with the club's growth since him and Cooky arrived at the club. We're fortunate to have him at the helm :thumbsu:
Qvaa.gif

these guys are still a very well run club. I’d like to think that Carlton is looking at this game not only in terms of how we stack up onfield, but how we stack up off field.

Personally, I think Geelong’s form is a little misleading. They’ve had a good draw and have made the most of it. Still, you can only beat the team you come up against, and they’ve dispatched all comers. Plenty of others wouldn’t have gone 6-0 from the same draw.

We’ll come up against an experienced side playing to a tried and tested system. It will be a good test for us, albeit one which I am cautiously optimistic we can overcome. The younger (but still experienced) group we have should be capable of staying stronger in the game for longer. And while their tall forwards are worth worrying about, we have a couple of key focal points who will have them concerned too.

I think the main thing will be to overwhelm their onball unit, which is either aged or less experienced than ours. We can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back