Review Round 7 = Essendon 85-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s hard to find a Good Collingwood Player.

All where Average at very best
This is true, but 5 days ago we trounced Port with winners everywhere!

Our best is still very good but we were nowhere near it today.

Still, it’s early in the season and we’ve not completely f’d our chances yet.

Need to be much better next week though.

Dear god please stop with this s**t analysis! Are goals all you can comprehend as being important?

Kicking goals is probably the most important aspect of the game. We can agree to disagree mate. Have some respect for an opinion or are you gods gift?

This forum is filled with pathetic know it alls. Find any reason to suck the club off.

Bet you liked the “Schultz was our PB for sprint and jump” video too.

I felt that the game was never really played on our terms,except for the second quarter.The rest of the time,we were barely holding own,or so it seemed to me.The midfield was absolutely thrashed,and probably cost us the outright win in the end.And Mihocek’s two out on the fulls in the last quarter also cost us dearly.Just one of them going through for a point would have been enough,as it turned out.

Another thing I forgot to mention was Crisp.

Got his hands dirty with the tackling work today but he's basically a non-factor now offensively, can't get his hands on the ball, no run and carry, not kicking the ball much and disappears for long stretches of the game.

Seems like he teetering on the edge of the cliff at the moment, been a fantastic solider for us over the journey but his drop off has been stark and we're really missing his (usually reliable) output so far so I'm now getting a bit concerned about him seven games into the season.

Is he carrying something that I'm just not aware of, because that's what it looks like at the moment?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking goals is probably the most important aspect of the game. We can agree to disagree mate. Have some respect for an opinion or are you gods gift?

This forum is filled with pathetic know it alls. Find any reason to suck the club off.

Bet you liked the “Schultz was our PB for sprint and jump” video too.
Bit touchy! Your perspective is amateurish, there is so much more to what small forwards do than just goal kicking.

Why does Hill escape your fire? His disposals & goals are almost identical to the stats you’re whinging about

Man Elliot running in circles instead of kicking it to Crisp blew it
My thoughts exactly. We had the game right there but again poor decision making and poor execution cost us the opportunity to drive in a nail. I don't know why we can't finish off our work more often. We just find ways to butcher the unbutcherable. Checkers two OOTF in the last was also something that cost us, he would typically ice those in the moment.

We still have issues and last week against Port was an abberation, we aren't back yet. I do think we play better against the best sides, so I'm hoping next week we will not be so care-free.

So next week …

Harrison remains in?

Because I think we all agree he’s ready.

Wouldn’t mind blooding Sullivan as well. He was the best of the reserves last year. Surely plays at some point.

Agree to disagree I think, whole mindset in final minutes was too defensive only up 1. I get it worked in PF but more often than not you’re not gonna keep teams scoreless

I did say I’d need to watch it again…
No run out of the backline. Quaynor has been abysmal this year. Seems to be out of position, can’t stick a tackle, isn’t giving us anything from half back.

Age has caught up with Howe I’m afraid. Has lost some strength and is struggling to keep up.

McCreery needs to be a 15 possession player.

I thought Cameron was good again today.

I would have moved Hoskin-Elliot up to the wing and Sidey forward given neither were getting near it.

Harrison needs to be starting next week.
If Markov plays well on the weekend again then him coming in for Q is a distinct possibility

Both sets of supporters are thinking they shoulda, woulda, coulda but ultimately they didn't. Costly errors and poor execution at critical times from both sides. Weird feeling playing a draw, but at least its not a loss. Getting hard to predict what we are going to shell out from week to week now. 6 goal head starts are something we need to address pretty quick smart though. Hasn't burnt us too much just yet but it will in the long run if we keep doing it.

Love to see Hill stick a Tackle

Miocheck cost us the Game with those 2 misses

Can't really pin it on Brody, tried his guts out the whole game as per usual.

Sometimes he doesn't quite clunk them and/or convert and sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce his way, but you can't really ever fault the effort this bloke puts in week in and week out.

Without him we lose by 4-5 goals at least today, when you take into account his goals and the work he does to help create opportunities for our other forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back