Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

So my life expectancy is around 80 years being generous depending on health and Illness
Ken is in his 11th year of coaching and is signed on for a 12th so if I do the maths that means he's coached/coaching for 15% of my life span im starting to think maybe I'll never see the team with a new coach is ken immortal? 🤔
You'll have to adjust your maths a bit. He's already into year 12 and signed on for 13 (unlucky for some)

If we were a ruthless football club which we aren’t Charlie would be given a retirement game this week, we can’t keep playing him he is stalling our path to a flag, I’d be playing Scully if we’re ever going to win a flag he will have to be in our team so just play him. Marshall needs to own the forward line if he can’t do this he has to be traded, but he needs 30 games without Charlie in his forward line. IMO we’ve got 40 games to be playing in next years GF. If we’re not a serious flag contender next season we’re in serious trouble, Butters is a free agent next year if we lose him pack it all up we’ll never win another flag whilst any of us are still breathing. P.s Ken needs to either step down by his own accord or be made to by the end of this season as his time is well and truely over.

All it took was one collapse vs Collingwood at the MCG for Victorians to notice...

We couldn't lost by 193 points to Gold Coast and they wouldn't have bothered to look at it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It’s actually about the way we lost. Park Footballers.

If we were a ruthless football club which we aren’t Charlie would be given a retirement game this week, we can’t keep playing him he is stalling our path to a flag, I’d be playing Scully if we’re ever going to win a flag he will have to be in our team so just play him. Marshall needs to own the forward line if he can’t do this he has to be traded, but he needs 30 games without Charlie in his forward line. IMO we’ve got 40 games to be playing in next years GF. If we’re not a serious flag contender next season we’re in serious trouble, Butters is a free agent next year if we lose him pack it all up we’ll never win another flag whilst any of us are still breathing. P.s Ken needs to either step down by his own accord or be made to by the end of this season as his time is well and truely over.
Scully had 3 kicks and 1 mark and zero goals last week , unfortunately he is no where near AFL ready and a one legged Dixon is still better.

All it took was one collapse vs Collingwood at the MCG for Victorians to notice...

We couldn't lost by 193 points to Gold Coast and they wouldn't have bothered to look at it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
We lost to them by 71 at the MCG last year and the media backed him to be re-signed.

It will have been forgotten by the end of next round. They don't really give a s**t.

The interstate rumblings are starting, his game plan is finally being questioned by melb media, his shithouse record is being questioned. It feels like the end is a lot closer than ever before.

He's been questioned before, many times, but usually the Melb media get attracted by something else that takes their focus away swiftly because they really are not interested in Port, or if the attention appears to linger then the club actions ever so reliable Kane and Rucci to spin the 'good bloke' and 'players love him' to deter further attention on this loser.

People I know that attended the after-match assembly last week told me that Carr rocked up and claimed that we're a young side blah blah blah. I am so sick of the young side excuse.

Daniel Hoyne on Port Adelaide's groundball work in their defensive 50 against Collingwood: "the second-worst we have ever recorded in 25 years."

For years, Kane has used the list - i.e. lack of talls - as an excuse for years to defend Ken's coaching: "where Port Adelaide was always underdone was their height. They're not tall enough."

Daniel Hoyne on Port Adelaide's groundball work in their defensive 50 against Collingwood: "the second-worst we have ever recorded in 25 years."

For years, Kane has used the list - i.e. lack of talls - as an excuse for years to defend Ken's coaching: "where Port Adelaide was always underdone was their height. They're not tall enough."

Not surprised. I’ve said for years we leak like a sieve more often than not once the ball is in our defensive zone. We have fumbly big guys who panic once the ball is on the ground, then we have the unsure ball handling of Jones plus two guys who don’t really like the pressure of defending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is a national treasure.

Unfortunately, it is.

The Vanillarization of Port Adelaide was another, but it was cancelled by the mods.

It doesn't surprise me our small and medium 'defenders'.

Burton would have to be seriously looked at.

The people who credit the club for correctly predicting the timeline of Polec’s physical demise, probably need to ask themselves how Ryan Burton’s cobbled together with stuff sourced from Paramount Browns leg is travelling these days.

.white noise eh?

Lots more for the journos in various threads here. Keep digging.

Going back 5 plus years or so that "white noise" is probably and properly described as amongst the most ENGAGED and knowledgeable MEMBERS in the league.

Neither of those bolded terms describe a lot of that white noise now.

The club has wilfully let that group and it's associated dollars drop off perhaps never to be seen again all in the backing of a man who has made no real attempt to bridge the gap and has encouraged his players to do the same.

We don't see those engagement figures any more Mr Richardson why is that?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back