Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Only club in the last 12 years to put a semi-serious offer Infront of Ken was Gold Coast when they were at their lowest ebb.

If the media rate him so highly then why hasn't a Collingwood/Hawthorn/Richmond ever come in and put an offer in front of him?

Truth is behind closed doors no one is really interested in taking Ken on or else they'd have done it by now.

Think Malthouse from WC to Collingwood chefuering him in a new Lexus in the year he was appointed. They showed him off like a shiny new toy, as if to say we're Collingwood and we have the best coach.

The media is happy to spin the narrative of cuddly Ken who the players love but it's a trait no-one else apparently rates that highly. Combined with the 60% W/L record and it's clear the media see him as a stabilising influence that keeps Port looking weak and steady.
Other clubs and coaches speak highly of him because you never interrupt an opponent while they're making a mistake.

Everybody loves Kenny, because he's not a viable threat to them.

To the people that say they are not sure about Carr now,

In soccer, most of the time when a manager is sacked or leaves, the whole coaching team gets up and leaves with him, that can include fitness staff or whatever.

I reckon a complete cleanout in that area so there are no traces of Hinkley-ball is the way it needs to be. The players need a refresh, and hope that a different coaching staff can change the mentality of these players for the better.

If ken agrees then carr isn’t our man..

Where did the Ken agreeing bollocks come from?

That's just the narrative sprouted on here and by some media.

More like that was all sorted out above Kennies head as a way of suggesting he beter tow along with it or would he rather he's just sacked and kicked along, which we all know would never happen.

It's all to give Ken a soft exit....

Now can Carr coach or is he the best person, that's another question all together.

I'm getting the feeling that a joint farewell to Ken and Boak will happen in the last round or something.

Meaning Ken won't really ever be sacked since Koch's ego/reputation will take a hit.
If he doesn’t get sacked he won’t get paid out. If he’s paid out he’s sacked.

If he doesn’t get sacked he won’t get paid out. If he’s paid out he’s sacked.
100% Ken doesn’t leave by his own accord when there is money still on the table. However knowing how much Koch loves Ken, he will probably pay out the final year of his contract if he did decide to finish this season.

100% Ken doesn’t leave by his own accord when there is money still on the table. However knowing how much Koch loves Ken, he will probably pay out the final year of his contract if he did decide to finish this season.

Reading this stuff like previous years, oh the disappointment that's coming...

Without sacking him or asking him to leave that SHOULD be very difficult to do if Hinkley decides to leave under fiscal responsibility.

Reading this stuff like previous years, oh the disappointment that's coming...
Oh Ken isn’t leaving anytime soon. I honestly think it’s more likely he gets another contract extension next year rather than leaving at the end of next season.

Koch has said on record he wants to make Ken to be a 20 year coach - if he makes finals next year an extension will be offered

If you remember the failed Malthouse/Buckley & Clarkson/Mitchell handover years they were both forced to work closely alongside each other.

As far as I can see Carr and Donuts have been separated, and look to be in seperate coaching 'streams' at the club. Their contact seems limited.

They've clearly done this for a reason, Ken either felt threatened and if the Schofield rumours are to be believed the club have tried to keep the peace since Carr may take control of the clipboard.

Why is Ken as the senior coach being paid to sit on the pine on match day and motivate the players coming off the ground?

Without sacking him or asking him to leave that SHOULD be very difficult to do if Hinkley decides to leave under fiscal responsibility.
It should be difficult but you never know with love they have for him. Did the club even do a proper interview before Ken was hired at the end of 2012?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the saddest part of this is Ken is up to his old tricks or creating his own narrative by leaking his version of things to his mates in the media, and because they are such try-hards they cant help but take the bait they are given. For the record the worst thing this club can do is appoint Josh without a full interview process in an open field to work who is the best person available. But then again we know what cults are like.

So my life expectancy is around 80 years being generous depending on health and Illness
Ken is in his 11th year of coaching and is signed on for a 12th so if I do the maths that means he's coached/coaching for 15% of my life span im starting to think maybe I'll never see the team with a new coach is ken immortal? 🤔

His AFL Tables page is illuminating:

vs. Brad Scott: 8-1
vs. Stuart Dew: 6-0
vs. Alan Richardson: 6-0
vs. Justin Longmuir: 4-1
vs. Paul Roos: 4-1
vs. Brendon Bolton: 3-1
vs. Justin Leppitsch: 3-1
vs. Brenton Sanderson: 3-1
vs. Brett Ratten: 3-1
vs. Ben Rutten: 3-0
vs. David Teague: 3-0
vs. Rodney Eade: 3-0
vs. Guy McKenna: 3-0
vs. Andrew McQualter: 2-0
vs. David Noble: 2-0
vs. Kevin Sheedy: 2-0
vs. Mark McVeigh: 1-0
vs. Adem Yze: 1-0
vs. Alistair Clarkson (NM): 1-0
vs. Robert Harvey: 1-0
vs. David Hale: 1-0
vs. Dean Solomon: 1-0
vs. Phil Walsh: 1-0
vs. Scott Watters: 1-0
vs. Mark Neeld: 1-0

67-7 against a parade of bunnies, spuds, rookies, caretakers and old salts overseeing transition.
He coached against Sheedy :eek::'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

I reckon everyone is far too harsh on Josh Carr. Everyone thought Voss sucked too and wouldn’t make it as a coach because he was too Hinkleyfied but he is going great.

At the moment Josh Carr is still an assistant only, it’s still Ken’s team, moulded in his way. Once Ken is gone, Josh will mould the team into how he wants it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree. Carr is a totally different animal to Hinkley. Someone with a bit of toughness and mental fortitude about him. And someone who comes from the Choco school (think Kingsley, Hardwick). Once he's out from under the Hinkley shadow he'd be right as rain.

So my life expectancy is around 80 years being generous depending on health and Illness
Ken is in his 11th year of coaching and is signed on for a 12th so if I do the maths that means he's coached/coaching for 15% of my life span im starting to think maybe I'll never see the team with a new coach is ken immortal? 🤔
It's a ridiculous length of time even for a successful coach (which he isn't) in some circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back