Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thought it was just a corky

Which might have been a bad one that restricted movement then on
He had a small adhesive patch at Saturdays training day on the inside of his left knee which looked like the result of an anthroscope operation and it was there that he got hit during the 1st quarter which from then on restricted his movements. While he tried his best he was unable to run at full speed hence the reason why his opponents were able to get away from him..

Wow When he was at the Tiges I thought he was a long term project player but he is nowhere

He and Sellers vying for absolute rock bottom.

Surely Willy D and Hardeman are better options than this bloke and the fraudulent co-captain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least two of Archer, Hardeman and Bergman should be play irrespective of form. There's an argument for all three. Would get Sheezel out of defence and Fisher and Biggy out of the team. Maybe play George too so Scott can go back to the wing. It's just a horrendous situation.

Fisher should play further up the ground. Has plenty of tools but defending isn’t one of them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very easy to bag the bloke when you are looking at it in 2D. In 3D the distance may be such that he had no hope of getting their to contest in a marking situation, so better to get there to be able to maybe stand on the mark or pressure the Hawthorn player if he elected to play on, which he did.

Also, if you observe the African players running, they do so with a loping action, which may appear casual in nature, but in fact belies their true speed across the ground.

Very easy to bag the bloke when you are looking at it in 2D. In 3D the distance may be such that he had no hope of getting their to contest in a marking situation, so better to get there to be able to maybe stand on the mark or pressure the Hawthorn player if he elected to play on, which he did.

Also, if you observe the African players running, they do so with a loping action, which may appear casual in nature, but in fact belies their true speed across the ground.

He also appeared to get a knock early in the game.

I reckon he and Chom are the defensive partnership we need to stick with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oppo teams play through him all the time.
Yes, because he is playing in a position he's not suited to. He should be delivering the ball into 50 and be part of the Northball, not trying to stop the onslaught. He's there for his kicking skills, but in his current position you have to be able to defend, which he simply can't do, especially given the avalanche that is coming into our back 50

I understand we are here to develop young players, especially in our position, but geez, there has to be a minimal non negotiables. He was incredibly poor on Sunday. Not sure whether we can actually improve him to the AFL standard or we are wasting our time, but he clearly should not play next week at a minimum.

Yes, because he is playing in a position he's not suited to. He should be delivering the ball into 50 and be part of the Northball, not trying to stop the onslaught. He's there for his kicking skills, but in his current position you have to be able to defend, which he simply can't do, especially given the avalanche that is coming into our back 50

Agree entirely, we also need his pace inside forward 50 defensively

Got a knock earlier in the game and stayed out there. Would not be surprised if there's footage of him being absolutely cooked.

Anyone would.

I thought he was going to have to come off, reckon he got a shot at quarter time to keep him out there

I can attest that it looked really ******* bad in 3D.

Fisher should play further up the ground. Has plenty of tools but defending isn’t one of them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, I'm not completely dark on Fisher. Try him in the half forward/wing rotation. He has moves and isn't as soft as Stephens, just has no aerial game so gets exposed in the backline.

Shhh, we're not allowed to criticise him under any circumstances... Nostra said so.
see below, clause 3.6 bylaw 5 in the small print,

this bylaw doesnt apply to Bailey Scott or Toby Pink

seriously before he was callup up i thought he was incredibly lean and also very raw, i was suprised he got the call and was liley another 6 months away?? but just goes to show how starved we are of seasoned talls, i mean we were playing CCJ til he done a fetlock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back