Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Very easy to bag the bloke when you are looking at it in 2D. In 3D the distance may be such that he had no hope of getting their to contest in a marking situation, so better to get there to be able to maybe stand on the mark or pressure the Hawthorn player if he elected to play on, which he did.

Also, if you observe the African players running, they do so with a loping action, which may appear casual in nature, but in fact belies their true speed across the ground.
In week 1 he played well, attacked the high ball aggressively and hit targets by foot, save a couple late in the game as he fatigued.

These 2nd week efforts didn't look great, particularly in the first example when he could have identified that Weddle was a player likely to break and burst and use his speed. He could have closed earlier. I think he got lost at times and the constant turnovers in your team can make it difficult to defend. It's hard to know when to back yourself in and attack because of a lack of structure and predictability in your defensive structure. Harder for some younger players to know when to attack, when to defend and you can lose confidence when you make a mistake. Your senior defensive leaders wouldn't be my pick in the league to try and develop under either. They are poor users by foot and aren't great decision-makers. How often did you see Geelong bring the ball to ground and know they had a man back from the stoppage to hit by hand, create space from the contest and then clear the area under a little less pressure. Good, well-established defensive teams like Geelong and Collingwood have that set up. North often does not.

He is actually very quick, despite being an effortless mover over the turf. Refer his draft combine times over 20m.
His movement this week was hampered after colliding with Ginnivan. He got a jab after that.

He is intelligent and team-oriented and has athleticism to work with but needs time and patience.

Very easy to bag the bloke when you are looking at it in 2D. In 3D the distance may be such that he had no hope of getting their to contest in a marking situation, so better to get there to be able to maybe stand on the mark or pressure the Hawthorn player if he elected to play on, which he did.

Also, if you observe the African players running, they do so with a loping action, which may appear casual in nature, but in fact belies their true speed across the ground.
As I noted earlier in the thread, I sit front row dead centre wing all home games. I saw this unfold right in front of me and was shocked (It looked even worse at the game). 100% he would have easily made the contest had he not coasted. Zero to do with his running gait/ style. That's a little insulting tbh.

I watched it again on replay the next day to see if I was off the mark, unfortunately if reaffirmed my initial observation - and my teenage daughter's.

Also, the 'knock' Warlord referred to and his subsequent limp happened immediately after the end of the first video.... after he put the jets on and very competently chased the Hawks player... just after he let him mark it.

Sorry Horace but there's just no excusing this one, it was unforgivable and if we accept it without him missing at least 1 game for it, we have much deeper issues around our standards.

He also appeared to get a knock early in the game.

I reckon he and Chom are the defensive partnership we need to stick with.
Unrelated. He first began limping immediately after the first video I posted... immediately after he ran full tilt chasing the Hawks player (albeit with the delayed start to the chase).

As I noted earlier in the thread, I sit front row dead centre wing all home games. I saw this unfold right in front of me and was shocked (It looked even worse at the game). 100% he would have easily made the contest had he not coasted. Zero to do with his running gait/ style. That's a little insulting tbh.

I watched it again on replay the next day to see if I was off the mark, unfortunately if reaffirmed my initial observation - and my teenage daughter's.

Also, the 'knock' Warlord referred to and his subsequent limp happened immediately after the end of the first video.... after he put the jets on and very competently chased the Hawks player... just after he let him mark it.

Sorry Horace but there's just no excusing this one, it was unforgivable and if we accept it without him missing at least 1 game for it, we have much deeper issues around our standards.
Yep. I laughed when I saw Biggie show very little urgency and just coast back. You’re spot on with your observation. Regardless breath easy brother knowing that Biggie is on our list. Apparently others don’t mind him. :stern look

Worst call was the bloke on here who rated him.

Then again he was the same bloke who rated CCJ.

😆

Richmond must laugh ar us/Brady Rawlings. Biggie was delisted or something so I don’t think they got anything for him but wow they must be shocked at how stupid we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😆

Richmond must laugh ar us/Brady Rawlings. Biggie was delisted or something so I don’t think they got anything for him but wow they must be shocked at how stupid we are.

He was about to be delisted but we threw them a pick because we're good blokes.

😆

I think all the other clubs get together and bet on which club could off load the biggest spud to North.

Biggie was paying $51.00 as no club thought Rawling would take the bait, oh he did. But Biggie is in the last yr of his contract so expect the 4 year extension any day now.

He's a bit of an everywhere player. Can play either ends and ruck but hasn't really made any position his own as to date he hasn't been up to standard in any of those positions. The type of player who will impact a quarter of footy every 4 weeks and raise eyebrows, and then play very average to unaccountable footy for the next month.

That's not to say he won't make it with more time.
So the first page of this thread is people talking about what a good signing he was, highlights look good etc which is par for the course here and everywhere on BigFooty when it comes to new players. It’s comical.

Anyway first post by a Richmond fan warned us in a nice way that he was pretty s**t.

Don't like it truthfully. I'd rather take an extra pick into the draft or trade for someone with more senior experience.
This post got two thumbs down at the time. One from Nostra which is to be expected but still.

Good call Speedy. Can never talk negatively about an acquisition or deal on here when it happens.

Good grief, cannot play again, nor Pinks, playing short maybe our best option.

Pink struggled against the best forwards in the entire league.

Nyuon struggles against open grass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back