List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate he’s pretty special. I’d been watching him for a long time before the draft, Lathlain would have been burnt to the ground if we’d traded pick 1. Blokes like him don’t come around very often.
No they don't.
Enjoy him why you can.
There was a reason why we sent Clarke over..lol

On the 1st deal mentioned, no way we'd part with all those picks in the 1 deal. We have 4 Clubs to deal with for pts & we'd be better off off dealing with 2/3 of those depending on how the pts end up post season/trade etc. We are looking to strengthen our draft hand. Whether it's "quality or quantity" we look for might depends on what the draft crop looks like at the end of the yr.
Our aim for the draft should be quality over quantity. We need an injection of top end talent to boost our youth.

We currently have: 3, 23, 30 (FREO), 41, 43 (WC), 48 (FREO), 59, 63 (COLL), 70 (PORT)

The 3 bolded picks shouldn't be touched unless they move up the order to get us better quality picks. The rest should be used where possible to improve into the top 30 or to target some quality young players looking for opportunity.

With Baker if he chose WCE, I wouldn't be against a move where we traded for their 2025 R1 pick instead of taking unders to get him across this year. It would mean we take 2 R1 picks into 2025 while still having 4-5 picks inside the top 30 this year. It spreads our draft hand across 2 seasons rather than putting all our eggs into this year

Its only money just give it to him

who else we got to pay after Dusty/Lunch finish up

The issue is not the money - the issue is we still need to make a deal at the trade table & thats where i think it starts costing too much.

If it was just "the money", i agree. People saying what has he done to deserve a pay day? The same as Tom Lynch did at the same age. Statistically ahead of him, although Lynch did have his breakout season in year 4, which is this year for JUH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Good player but the hype is way overs.

He is 22. As it stands he has kicked around the same, if not more goals at that age than McKay, Curnow, Lynch, Larkey, Daniher, Jack etc. This tends to be the "breakout year" though that seperates the best from the rest.

He has done enough for a player his size, position based on the history to suggest, he will be a top-line option for a decade, injury-permitted

Can i get your thoughts on Ben & Max King
Sleep Yawn GIF

Generational!!! Norf will regret not tanking for him
Both us and Norf tried to win games in the last couple of rounds despite it not being in our long term interest and credit to both sides but I’ll be honest the Norf vs Gold Coast was almost as important as a WCE grand final last year and I was harder than a javelin after they won.

I think the real regret for Norf will be not offering pick 2 and 3 for pick 1 and 23. I’m bloody glad they didn’t because I’m concerned that we would accepted it. Instead they took the two positions they have in spades, a small mid and a HFF. We ended up with Harley and Archer Reid 203cm KPF with a huge tank (he’s only just played his first game this year due to pre-existing injury) which would have fitted their list needs perfectly. Not to mention that Harley will bring people and $$$ through the door and even opposition club supporters would tune in here and there but… Norf.

Both us and Norf tried to win games in the last couple of rounds despite it not being in our long term interest and credit to both sides but I’ll be honest the Norf vs Gold Coast was almost as important as a WCE grand final last year and I was harder than a javelin after they won.

I think the real regret for Norf will be not offering pick 2 and 3 for pick 1 and 23. I’m bloody glad they didn’t because I’m concerned that we would accepted it. Instead they took the two positions they have in spades, a small mid and a HFF. We ended up with Harley and Archer Reid 203cm KPF with a huge tank (he’s only just played his first game this year due to pre-existing injury) which would have fitted their list needs perfectly. But… Norf.
But would u have accepted that though? I reckon the Eagles were hell bent on Reid regardless unless a team traded a top 5 player in their prime.

I think the real regret for Norf will be not offering pick 2 and 3 for pick 1 and 23. I’m bloody glad they didn’t because I’m concerned that we would accepted it. Instead they took the two positions they have in spades, a small mid and a HFF. We ended up with Harley and Archer Reid 203cm KPF with a huge tank (he’s only just played his first game this year due to pre-existing injury) which would have fitted their list needs perfectly. Not to mention that Harley will bring people and $$$ through the door and even opposition club supporters would tune in here and there but… Norf.
who did norf take with 2 and 3

But would u have accepted that though? I reckon the Eagles were hell bent on Reid regardless unless a team traded a top 5 player in their prime.
who did norf take with 2 and 3
I hope not. Apparently before we interviewed Reid yes, but afterwards no (had it been offered).

The closest we got to trading it was a 3 way deal.
wce pick 6,11,15,17
Norf pick 1
Melb pick 3
And I’m very glad we said no to that.

Colby and Zane Groupie_

I hope not. Apparently before we interviewed Reid yes, but afterwards no (had it been offered).

The closest we got to trading it was a 3 way deal.
wce pick 6,11,15,17
Norf pick 1
Melb pick 3
And I’m very glad we said no to that.

Colby and Zane Groupie_
Yeah nah, stuff that, rather take him until he requests a trade back to VIC LOL ;)

Yeah nah, stuff that, rather take him until he requests a trade back to VIC LOL ;)
Literally every Vic club’s board seems to be factoring their best 22 on trading in Harley in the next couple of years, it’s quite amusing. He will extend his contract, take it to the bank. Just make sure you pull the purples’ pants down if Baker requests a trade to WA, but TBF they are pretty reasonable at the trade table now that Feathers Bell End has moved on from that role.

Literally every Vic club’s board seems to be factoring their best 22 on trading in Harley in the next couple of years, it’s quite amusing. He will extend his contract, take it to the bank. Just make sure you pull the purples’ pants down if Baker requests a trade to WA, but TBF they are pretty reasonable at the trade table now that Feathers Bell End has moved on from that role.
Dont worry, I know Baker is gone... He prefers you guys over Freo.

Soooooooo in that case, Reid for Baker? Start off nice and early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back