Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley Reid is an absolute Jet!
A modern day Dusty / Dangerfield.

I'd be willing to trade our next 2 x 1sts and Collard for him in a heartbeat

Every one of our mids would play on the next worse mid in opposition teams. All our players would walk taller around Reid, every single one of them. That's how much difference a Harley Reid would make to the Saints.

Can't believe anyone with even the most basic understanding of football would not want such a standout generational gun mid in our colours.

Can't believe anyone with even the most basic understanding of football could think we have more than a snowball’s chance in hell of getting him

How good is footy. We lose by 10 goals to a fellow struggler.

Then get to watch Essendon, Collingwood, Geelong and Carlton all win.

To top it off, West Coast are now only percentage behind us on the ladder. Their number 1 draft pick is exactly what we've been crying out for in the middle and is already dominating games.

All whilst we sit here and whinge about how Phillipou is underperforming, Owens can't hit the side of a barn, King is a prima donna and we don't have a functioning midfield or forwardline.

How good is footy?

To top it off, West Coast are now only percentage behind us on the ladder. Their number 1 draft pick is exactly what we've been crying out for in the middle and is already dominating games.

All whilst we sit here and whinge about how Phillipou is underperforming, Owens can't hit the side of a barn, King is a prima donna and we don't have a functioning midfield or forwardline.

How good is footy?
It's not firing me up too much atm.

It's a tantalizing thought Tyrian.

It's very early days but Reid looks the goods.

He was probably the most standout player coming through the draft in the last 10 years. North could have had him and stuffed up tanking.

How good is footy?

Yeah but imagine when we have our one surprise win over a finals team in round 21.

Every one of our mids would play on the next worse mid in opposition teams. All our players would walk taller around Reid, every single one of them. That's how much difference a Harley Reid would make to the Saints.

Can't believe anyone with even the most basic understanding of football would not want such a standout generational gun mid in our colours.
I don't expect it of Reid but sometimes players come in and make a huge impact but then don't progress.

I don't expect it of Reid but sometimes players come in and make a huge impact but then don't progress.

This is one of those examples of stats not telling the full story. Reid plays with BDE and breaks from contests with the ball. Dunny was an inside extractor with limited skills. One is a general and one is a soldier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wouldn't want Reid, he's the best young player in the country? There's no way we're getting him though so not worth even thinking about.

Have only played Us, Adelaide, Hawks, Bulldogs and North and 2 of those games have been at home.
Certainly put things in perspective.
Completely opposite to us with Cats, Pies and GWS as three of our first six and three travels.

Watched some of the Carlton v GWS game. The difference in cohesion & connection on display from both of those two teams to what we've been dishing up was remarkable. They seemed to know where their team mates would be, everyone seemed to be moving in the same direction & the lack of skill errors was noticeable too. I really hope we can get our chit together!

I see that some people still bag out our 2020 trade period where we brought in Butler, Hill, Howard, Jones and Ryder.

I still think that set us on the right path. Without senior leaders you end up like North Melbourne.

People are talking about West Coast having already rebuilt. Yes Reid looks unbelievable but the reason they're better is they have good senior players back playing well. North have a chasm in that area. Must be depressing being a North supporter at the moment.

Watched some of the Carlton v GWS game. The difference in cohesion & connection on display from both of those two teams to what we've been dishing up was remarkable. They seemed to know where their team mates would be, everyone seemed to be moving in the same direction & the lack of skill errors was noticeable too. I really hope we can get our chit together!

Some of that is just age and games played. Both have a more attractive game style and better talent. We are a C grade list with injury issues and all we have is holding them back through hard work and an ultra defensive lock down. Just need to keep drafting hard and looking for canny trades. Until we look a bit more attractive we probably won't attract the real high end free agents or top end trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back