Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Logos that never were – does anyone have any info on this Fitzroy polo?!

Zooming in, I kind of dislike the logo but kind of like it at the same time. Reminds me heavily of the Lion King stage logo. Not a guernsey either, but found this while looking through old archives, a rampant Lion

KIAqHzbZ.jpg

Zooming in, I kind of dislike the logo but kind of like it at the same time. Reminds me heavily of the Lion King stage logo. Not a guernsey either, but found this while looking through old archives, a rampant Lion

KIAqHzbZ.jpg
i will never forget that night - lions beat the crows in adelaide.

KIAqHzbZ.jpg
This brings to mind the SMOSH West Lakes jumper:
1681908277499.png
A Fitzroy or Brisbane jumper that never was;)

Logos that never were – does anyone have any info on this Fitzroy polo?!

94 I think, I had a T-Shirt with this on it. The logo was red yellow and blue, not just gold/navy like it is here. I reckon I would have photos with me wearing it somewhere. The official shield logo was still used though.

KIAqHzbZ.jpg

Adelaide 95, Was one of only 2 wins that year Roylion would be your go to on this, but I think it was an old flag from the 70s.

This brings to mind the SMOSH West Lakes jumper:
View attachment 1665092
A Fitzroy or Brisbane jumper that never was;)
How about the Banyule Bears, obvious parallels to Brisbane with the colours and the Bears nickname but it’s almost a perfect parallel universe version of BL. Opposite merger nickname, inverted colours, different logo position. Only cherry on top would be the BL logo position like their old jumpers.
AB7EE7BF-53E8-4D14-949C-E232B3BC6176.jpeg

94 I think, I had a T-Shirt with this on it. The logo was red yellow and blue, not just gold/navy like it is here. I reckon I would have photos with me wearing it somewhere. The official shield logo was still used though.

Adelaide 95, Was one of only 2 wins that year Roylion would be your go to on this, but I think it was an old flag from the 70s.
I suspect it was pilfered from the Royal Standard of the UK

1200px-Royal_Standard_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

I'd often see this flag flying in the outer in the 80s/early 90s.

Dunno about info but I have acquired one exactly the same as what hoggy is wearing there!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Any chance of a photo of that logo? Looks really cool and I want to have a go at tracing it but it's obviously very hard from a presumably VHS recording lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Eddie float the idea to wear the white jumper for home games against Carlton at some point?
Eddie is full of it in this regard, Eddie made this comment in 2018 about a home clash jumper and claims the idea as his own. Collingwood have had 'home' clash jumpers made up in the past (going back as far as 2007), but for one reason or another were never used.

anyone else remember this jumper in the background that was suspected to be for this years indigenous round?
1660326004268-png.1475086

Remove this Banner Ad

Back