Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Some decent moves combined with some stinkiness

Max in good
Keane debut good
Nankervis staying good

Extra defender means that we'll hopefully see Hinge on the wing. Looking forward to seeing what he could do.

Onto the stinky...

I knew they would have been in absolute raptures about Matt Crouch's reasonable outing last week. Selectors giddy with excitement. Won't miss another game this season regardless of form or team results. Our review of 2023 will be we should have picked Crouch all along and we'll right that ship next season.

Even with regressive Crouch selection, surely either Soligo or Cook could have taken Murphy's spot?

And we'd sooner fold the club than drop or even manage Sloane.

Honestly keeping isn’t that big a deal, his lack of pace of defence isn’t great but wouldn’t be that bad if you replace Sloane with a quicker player.

I would have brought in Soligo for Murphy but I can at least understand why they didn’t.

However dropping Cook instead of Sloane is horrific, it’s bad selection for the game and for the future.

Meh Cook was putrid for most of the game. Probably should keep playing him but he looked at sea most of the game.

Crouch keeping his spot is mind boggling. Hopefully a loss here will see Nicks reward SANFL form for the rest of the season.
Seems like a good argument to get him up to pace of AFL since he improved.

Keays best tagging outcome was Saad to his second highest disposal tally of his season. He's useless at impeding a direct opponent winning possession.
I think you're confused. Saad got 17 touches against the Crows. It's his 4th lowest disposal count for the year, average is 20.5.

His best tagging job was probably keeping Matt Rowell to 15 touches (third lowest for the year, average 20.8) while having 25 and 2 goals himself. Though Rowell did have 10 clearances and a big third quarter.

A game like AFL, you need to be at the ground ....the powers say, they have a full game oval perspective, not seen on TV

View attachment 1757187

What makes this more galling .....is SEN send their commentary team to Countries for Test Cricket .....now that's a game that can be commentated on from a studio

You'd think Channel 7 will do the Showdown broadcast in preference to the ESS v SYD game .....so that could be a contributing factor for Foxtel
At least they are in Australia I guess.

Some decent moves combined with some stinkiness

Max in good
Keane debut good
Nankervis staying good

Extra defender means that we'll hopefully see Hinge on the wing. Looking forward to seeing what he could do.

Onto the stinky...

I knew they would have been in absolute raptures about Matt Crouch's reasonable outing last week. Selectors giddy with excitement. Won't miss another game this season regardless of form or team results. Our review of 2023 will be we should have picked Crouch all along and we'll right that ship next season.

Even with regressive Crouch selection, surely either Soligo or Cook could have taken Murphy's spot?

And we'd sooner fold the club than drop or even manage Sloane.
Hinge named on the wing is interesting. Not sure how much to read into that but it looks like they've decided to find room for Max by omitting Cook and moving Hinge up the ground, as otherwise they'd be bringing in two defenders with only Murray being omitted. If that's the case, it's a good thing to try in my opinion. Hinge could be good on the wing.

Meh Cook was putrid for most of the game. Probably should keep playing him but he looked at sea most of the game.

Crouch keeping his spot is mind boggling. Hopefully a loss here will see Nicks reward SANFL form for the rest of the season.
What?

Soligo was pretty average in the SANFL .....I think he'll be the SUB though
I didn't see that game but wasn't he close to BOG after having flu?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're confused. Saad got 17 touches against the Crows. It's his 4th lowest disposal count for the year, average is 20.5.

His best tagging job was probably keeping Matt Rowell to 15 touches (third lowest for the year, average 20.8) while having 25 and 2 goals himself. Though Rowell did have 10 clearances and a big third quarter.

no, I'm not. The time Keays played on him in 2022. Remember the game he kicked 3 whilst tagging Saad?

I didn't see that game but wasn't he close to BOG after having flu?
"Midfielder Jake Soligo enjoyed a strong performance against the Eagles, winning plenty of the ball, as well as hitting the scoreboard.

Soligo battled throughout the afternoon to leave his mark on the game and Godden was pleased with his performance.

“He nearly didn’t play because he was sick last night and this morning, so he did a tremendous effort to get out there to be honest,” Godden said.

“I think his performance was a really good one.”

Soligo finished with 27 disposals, six marks, four clearances and booted one goal."

Then how come Boak is listed in the emergencies?

And it was reported in the media Lycett has a small ligament tear in one of his knees.
Cats frequently manage players & use them as emergencies.

Smart, because if goes to plan, they have the week off... but can play if a late out.. without the need to have someone from the 2nd not play because you need a reserve.

Soligo was pretty average in the SANFL .....I think he'll be the SUB though
WTF Wayne??…

Did you even watch the game?.. Soligo was one of our best on ground..

27 touches and a goal and was in everything..

sometimes I wonder if you actually know what each of our players looks like..

Laird and Dawson will be in 100% it’s who gets the other gig that will be in question.
Crouch can't play anywhere else, so he will definitely be an inside midfielder.

Then the 4th likely to be a rotation between the rest... you would hope mainly Schoenberg, but sadly unlikely.

I though he got a heap of it and was singled out for praise by the coaches
He might have got a lot of possessions .....I certainly didn't note his game as a standout .....a smart footballer like Soligo will always rack up disposals in the Snaffle ......I was looking for some WOW moments though

WTF Wayne??…

Did you even watch the game?.. Soligo was one of our best on ground..

27 touches and a goal and was in everything..

sometimes I wonder if you actually know what each of our players looks like..
You're the one calling for Newchurch to be played .....one of the laziest footballers I've seen

BC .....it's not about possession numbers in the SANFL .....on that rationale, Crouch should play every AFL game, given his SANFL stats ......so I assume you're supporting the Crouch call-up ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back