Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the vote of confidence 👍
I’ve had this game circled on the calendar all year

That’s what I’m fearful of though

I feel like if I’m there and they beat us it’s going to be very depressing

If I’m home I can go play in my shed or go for a surf

But then if we do beat them it’s going to be awesome 🤩
Pretty sure I’m going
You're much more part of a match if you're there. Come & cheer the boys on with the rest of us. GO FREO!

I’m still not convinced Aish is a good wing, his best game in months was the Richmond game and we played Henry and NOD on as the primary wingers with Aish back to his 3rd winger/mr versatile role.
I’m not saying drop Aish, but we need to play others on the wing and let him plug holes (which is where he thrives).
Clearly NOD is still not an option, however Sturt, Frederick and Johnson have all played wing. Worner could come into Wing or defence and allow Clark onto the wing, ever Bradshaw could play more wing minutes.
Out: Fyfe, Switta
In: Erasmus, Sturt
Sub: Brodie

Sometimes you make good points (Sturt) but other times the things you say make no sense at all, and discredit the good points.
I’d agree with the point on Colyer - why extend him for one year when he’s clearly going to be delisted? He won’t play again this season. It seems he was “rewarded” for being a good bloke with a one year deal. That’s one less rookie pick or late ND pick that we could have had instead.

I don’t know why you hate JOM? It feels like it’s personal for you with him, reading your posts. He’s a solid experienced contributor and is nowhere near being dropped.

Kuek - watch peel games. He’s nowhere near AFL level and would get monstered out there. The likes of Brayden Maynard and Jacob Weitering would be laughing if Kuek strolled out though the banner over the next few weeks to face them as a key forward. He’s a year of gymwork at least from impacting, if at all.
Agree on Banfield but he’s at least gone… for now. Hughes will be dropped when Chapman returns.
Worner is pretty close but as you say the MC is very conservative unfortunately.
JOM is neither solid nor a regular contributor, and his wafting in on a 4 year, yes 4 year deal, ahead of other hardworking players is just everything that is wrong with Bell being too clever and desperate to prove Bell is king of off season player management. Watch the tape, closely, apart from one game where he played as a tight half forward and was very good (which if you play him is where JOM should be), JOM has been not good all year.

I won't comment about JOM off field, except to say the lack of support from Hawthorn, Gold Coast and his under age WA team mate players says volumes about who he really is. It will come out soon enough. I could over look that if he was on a 2 year deal, on a 4 year deal he just pushes the young kids to the fringes and soaks up games that the likes of Ras, Worner and Sturt could be getting.

He gets a free pass from multiple people on here because we traded him in the off season. Degenerative knees don't warrant 4 year deals, it is like we are trying to out do Wet Toast with a garbage long term deal for proven injured players. But don't worry, JOM will keep jogging around, not tackling, and pointing when someone else from Freo takes a mark.

Your assessment of Kuek is grossly wrong. Kuek is absolutely ready for AFL, especially against a side like Carlton, or Wet Toast in a couple of rounds. He doesn't have to dominate, just bring a spark and an athletic ability and run on that none of our midget mid 30 game plus sized average half forwards have. Instead we will keep trotting out Banfield and JOM and Hughes.

If after his performances in the WAFL we don't give Kuek and others a go, then it raises legitimate questions about why anyone (Kuek, Corbett, Sturt, Stanley or Knobel) would ever join us as a young project forward.

I went to the Peel game and Banfield played a good aggressive game, was much better than Brodie in all aspects

Worner was also very good and continues to improve , now ready to play wing in the Seniors

Wagner is another player finding form and would offer more run and dare than Hughes

But in the GC game Wagner was totally outbustled by Swallow in a marking contest, that would never happen to Hughes…..Wagner is a total liability when asked to actually defend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But in the GC game Wagner was totally outbustled by Swallow in a marking contest, that would never happen to Hughes…..Wagner is a total liability when asked to actually defend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's true about Wagner. He needs to be played up the ground to utilise his kicking skills. He certainly can't defend.

Sometimes it feels like they’re determined to turn everyone into a defender. I don’t get it. Why do we need so many half backs?
Even Draper supposedly showed promise as a forward in junior football. Nope! Straight to the backline.

Sometimes it feels like they’re determined to turn everyone into a defender. I don’t get it. Why do we need so many half backs?
Even Draper supposedly showed promise as a forward in junior football. Nope! Straight to the backline.
If you were a forward, in what way could you learn how to play against defenders?

Bad timing for him

Short term it is, but if the club turns it's eyes in regards to list management/S&C goals towards next year then Brodie having both the contracted future assured here and a pause in playing could be the exact right time to begin building his body and capability into the player he needs to be next season. It might mean less size, but more run.

If he were out of contract going into the end of the season I'd be very surprised if he were interested in drastically changing his body shape considering he might have opposition interest as the bull inside ball winner without an opponent which might not be quite his weapon if he builds more running into his game.

I thought perhaps he would be able to build his fitness to carry that size of him around contest to contest all game and all season but that hasn't quite worked out yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short term it is, but if the club turns it's eyes in regards to list management/S&C goals towards next year then Brodie having both the contracted future assured here and a pause in playing could be the exact right time to begin building his body and capability into the player he needs to be next season. It might mean less size, but more run.

If he were out of contract going into the end of the season I'd be very surprised if he were interested in drastically changing his body shape considering he might have opposition interest as the bull inside ball winner without an opponent which might not be quite his weapon if he builds more running into his game.

I thought perhaps he would be able to build his fitness to carry that size of him around contest to contest all game and all season but that hasn't quite worked out yet.
Bad timing for us then, but yes, we seem to use these longer injuries to work on player’s’ physiques, which is good if the altered physique doesn’t lead to other injuries. That’s probably more relevant to the younger players bulking up than if it was Brodie slimming down

Doesn’t sound like Brodie will be an in from JL’s presser

So JLo is a hypocrite. Freddy and Jackson are being forced to play with injury which has seriously hampered our offensive abilities. Brashaw was made to play with his injury at the beginning of the year. The guy hasn't rated Brodie at all this season and would have been more than handy to have as a sub for a few games this season.

So JLo is a hypocrite. Freddy and Jackson are being forced to play with injury which has seriously hampered our offensive abilities. Brashaw was made to play with his injury at the beginning of the year. The guy hasn't rated Brodie at all this season and would have been more than handy to have as a sub for a few games this season.
If you rate someone b22, you play them through injury. If you rate someone outside b22, you’re not gonna play them at 50% if they weren’t even getting games at 100%

What about Ethan Hughes' finger?

If you rate someone b22, you play them through injury. If you rate someone outside b22, you’re not gonna play them at 50% if they weren’t even getting games at 100%
That's true but Brodie would have been very handy in the Dogs game. He has clear areas of his game he needs to work on but that doesn't take away his clearence and ball winning advantages.

That's true but Brodie would have been very handy in the Dogs game. He has clear areas of his game he needs to work on but that doesn't take away his clearence and ball winning advantages.
At his best, yes, but he didn’t look amazing for Peel. I think it’s clearly still hindering him

Not if the person replacing them does a better job than the injured person.

Can't apply a blanket statement to all. Really depends on obviously the severity of injury, the position they playing etc. Brodie running in the midfield with dodgy ankle is an issue. Was reflected on his game for peel on weekend. Was ok but not great did seemed hampered by it.

"forced to play"? "made to play"? unlikely.

An 80% fit Serong, for example, is still a much better player than a 100% fit outside B22 player.

In the case of the named players, they are still much better playing injured then their replacement would be, and if they've been given the green light to play, meaning low risk of further injury, then they play.

An 80% fit Serong, for example, is still a much better player than a 100% fit outside B22 player.

In the case of the named players, they are still much better playing injured then their replacement would be, and if they've been given the green light to play, meaning low risk of further injury, then they play.
A fit Brodie in the middle would be better than an injured Brayshaw in the middle especially when Brayshaw could have gone to the wing. A fit Sturt is better than an injured Freddie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back