Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

No white anywhere in the uniform would be ideal. Waaaaaayyy too many AFL clubs feature white in their kits. Something that visually pops and is distinct from other clubs on the field. I thought this looks OK, though admittedly it's basically a vertical South Sydney. Yellow number on the back, not white.

View attachment 1676703
I like the idea, dislike the shade of green.

The shade of green will be a make or break aspect to this, just because of how greens and reds "work" together.

No white anywhere in the uniform would be ideal. Waaaaaayyy too many AFL clubs feature white in their kits. Something that visually pops and is distinct from other clubs on the field. I thought this looks OK, though admittedly it's basically a vertical South Sydney. Yellow number on the back, not white.

View attachment 1676703
Yeah but the argument for "clubs using a colour too much" could be used for yellow (6) and red (8) as well.

If you really wanted to be pedantic, the only colour that is overly unique is green, and even that was used by Freo early on.

The green and white is good because it provides a clash colour range, without needing to introduce another colour entirely (think the Lions in their white clash strip from last year).

Yeah but the argument for "clubs using a colour too much" could be used for yellow (6) and red (7) as well.

If you really wanted to be pedantic, the only colour that is overly unique is green, and even that was used by Freo early on.

The Green and white is good because it provides a clash colour range, without needing to introduce another colour entirely (think the Lions in their white clash strip from last year).

Yeah green and white really stands out in the crowd too, much like north and swans supporters do.

Then team 20 it allows for green to be used again, but with other colours added with it, as green is the most under utilised main colour still available in the comp.

In 2014 when Adelaide attempted to use the SA State Guernsey as a one-off they were ultimately (and rightly IMO) denied by the SANFL.

Obviously this is a little different because this team will be the only side based in Tasmania (for now at least), but does it make sense for them to effectively wear the state guernsey in the AFL, or should it be something differentiated from it, as to not confuse club vs state representation? The colours are fine but I assume they would need to steer well clear from this logo and designs?

d3152280fe6b6e8e8c9924b95d7a8e44

Tas-1978.gif

In 2014 when Adelaide attempted to use the SA State Guernsey as a one-off they were ultimately (and rightly IMO) denied by the SANFL.

Obviously this is a little different because this team will be the only side based in Tasmania (for now at least), but does it make sense for them to effectively wear the state guernsey in the AFL, or should it be something differentiated from it, as to not confuse club vs state representation? The colours are fine but I assume they would need to steer well clear from this logo and designs?

d3152280fe6b6e8e8c9924b95d7a8e44

Tas-1978.gif
Yuck

if tassie can't use the devils name or the SoO colours I think the name timbermen would be great and the colours of green black and yellow would be nice and the name is a reference to tassies thriving forestry industry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They already own the rights to Tasmania Devils, so the WB thing is fake.
Even if it was true wouldn't it possibly be good for WB's marketing and Tassie's club image if they actually used Taz, an instantly recognizable cartoon as their mascot? Imagine kids thinking the devils mascot is on TV etc.

Even if it was true wouldn't it possibly be good for WB's marketing and Tassie's club image if they actually used Taz, an instantly recognizable cartoon as their mascot? Imagine kids thinking the devils mascot is on TV etc.
said that exact thing would be great for both parts naming stadium rights and then they can have Taz as a mascot as well works well for both parties

if tassie can't use the devils name or the SoO colours I think the name timbermen would be great and the colours of green black and yellow would be nice and the name is a reference to tassies thriving forestry industry
Personally, I don't think AFL teams should use state colours without changing one colour by making it noticeable lighter or darker, ie Adelaide. They won't be a state team so shouldn't be wearing state colours or jumpers. I am very much onboard with a nice nod to state football ala Port's home jumper.

said that exact thing would be great for both parts naming stadium rights and then they can have Taz as a mascot as well works well for both parties
I'm going to be sooooo disappointed when their mascot is not Taz.

Personally, I don't think AFL teams should use state colours without changing one colour by making it noticeable lighter or darker, ie Adelaide. They won't be a state team so shouldn't be wearing state colours or jumpers. I am very much onboard with a nice nod to state football ala Port's home jumper.
i agree tinker the colours a bit and don't use the same design plus tassies is too simple don't want a flop like the suns or giants jersey

no reason why tassie can't just go green and white. would look class imo
1683094947859.png

Was just thinking this too and had Wantirna South's kit from the EFNL in mind, such a simple classy and classic football design, maybe woul brighten the green just a tad for Tassie's version.

Oh and their nickname? The Devils ;)

Here's some concepts I made up for my Gather Round portfolio not too long ago. Based of one of the older state representative jumpers.
I think it's a nice mesh between a traditional and modern footy look. Works with both the 'Devils' and 'Islanders' moniker as well.
TAS.png TAS2.png
team design concept.jpg

Attachments

• 1683096296953.png
    1683096296953.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 82
  • TAS - Copy.png
    TAS - Copy.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 92

Remove this Banner Ad

Back