Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hey guys :) I've been thinking about how a Tassie team's guernsey could look should we be granted a license to join the league as a stand-alone club (not a relocation).

I don't think we should enter the league with the traditional map jumper for a couple of reasons:
  • It's a state of origin jumper. We'd be entering the league as a club representing a state, rather than as a state (same as the Adelaide Crows).
  • Whilst very traditional, it's a pretty bland design.
In saying that, I think a Tassie Devils jumper should still visualise the shape of Tasmania, but in a more stylistic and less literal way.

Here is the design I've come up with:

Tasmania-Home.jpg

Attachments

• Tasmania-Home.jpg
    Tasmania-Home.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 310
Hey guys :) I've been thinking about how a Tassie team's guernsey could look should we be granted a license to join the league as a stand-alone club (not a relocation).

I don't think we should enter the league with the traditional map jumper for a couple of reasons:
  • It's a state of origin jumper. We'd be entering the league as a club representing a state, rather than as a state (same as the Adelaide Crows).
In saying that, I think a Tassie Devils jumper should still visualise the shape of Tasmania, but in a more stylistic and less literal way.

View attachment 1167949

Lovely. :)

View attachment 1167949
Beyond perfect.

I agree, something simple and timeless would be most likely. And no bright colours either.

View attachment 1168314
would a bright green have any impact on tv broadcasting? e.g. green screen superimposing sponsors on the field. i assume less sporting teams use green as they blend into the grass too, could be harder to see? i know there's canberra raiders & melbourne stars which are similar, so it's probably not a huge issue.

either way, it's a nice colour and if the above points are easily overcome I'd love to see a team in the league with this scheme.

would a bright green have any impact on tv broadcasting? e.g. green screen superimposing sponsors on the field. i assume less sporting teams use green as they blend into the grass too, could be harder to see? i know there's canberra raiders & melbourne stars which are similar, so it's probably not a huge issue.

either way, it's a nice colour and if the above points are easily overcome I'd love to see a team in the league with this scheme.
I don't think they use green screen on the field in the regular season, they did do it in AFLX a bit, and they did have the Rampage which had bright green
1625577917872.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Tassie concept... I realised close to the end that it is similar to South Sydney in the NRL.
With the design I was thinking of Manchester United's recent kit with the shallow chevron, the dash of red on the green makes me think of apples for some reason (which seemed fitting for the 'Apple Isle').
I found black shorts balanced the design better then green and gave the outfit a more intimidating look.

The logo I started off with a simple Tasmania shape and was hoping to work a Devil into it.
Tasmania-FC-Design.jpg

My Tassie concept... I realised close to the end that it is similar to South Sydney in the NRL.
With the design I was thinking of Manchester United's recent kit with the shallow chevron, the dash of red on the green makes me think of apples for some reason (which seemed fitting for the 'Apple Isle').
I found black shorts balanced the design better then green and gave the outfit a more intimidating look.

The logo I started off with a simple Tasmania shape and was hoping to work a Devil into it.
View attachment 1605674
BLK 😲

Remove this Banner Ad

Back