GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean?
Well macorna joins cohuna, cohuna won't get hardly any players or supporters, they won't change their jumper colours or call themselves cohuna macorna United and they wouldn't play any games out at macorna, cohuna get nothing out of it and macorna are swallowed up never to be heard of again same as any golden rivers team that joins a strong central Murray team, look what happen to was it lakes/Rovers when they amalgamated with kerang

Well macorna joins cohuna, cohuna won't get hardly any players or supporters, they won't change their jumper colours or call themselves cohuna macorna United and they wouldn't play any games out at macorna, cohuna get nothing out of it and macorna are swallowed up never to be heard of again same as any golden rivers team that joins a strong central Murray team, look what happen to was it lakes/Rovers when they amalgamated with kerang
That’s why Wandella will never join Kerang. It would be a take over not a merger.

clubs are just going to have to do it of they want some sort of place in the future

I think someone said here earlier that quambatook plan for next year to be their last, Then surely 2022 will be the last year of the GRFL. Can’t see the league being viable with 6 teams. Didn’t the mallee get away with it for a few years tho? I’d imagine AFL VIC won’t let it happen again.

I think someone said here earlier that quambatook plan for next year to be their last, Then surely 2022 will be the last year of the GRFL. Can’t see the league being viable with 6 teams. Didn’t the mallee get away with it for a few years tho? I’d imagine AFL VIC won’t let it happen again.

can’t go on with 6 clubs due to an AFL Vic rule these days I believe.

interesting that an old friend of mine who used to run AFL central rivers basically guaranteed the future of the Golden Rivers League a couple of season ago when most of us actually could see the writing on the wall

interesting that an old friend of mine who used to run AFL central rivers basically guaranteed the future of the Golden Rivers League a couple of season ago when most of us actually could see the writing on the wall
I can’t see that being the case now. I’ll guess and say you’d have a much better insider knowledge then me.

It’ll be a sad day when it happens. But they’re not the first nor last league in this situation.

I can’t see that being the case now. I’ll guess and say you’d have a much better insider knowledge then me.

It’ll be a sad day when it happens. But they’re not the first nor last league in this situation.

A terribly sad day…such a great league and great clubs. I do really wish I did venture out for a kick to experience it

Yep that may have got you an extra 12 months on your suspension, wouldn't it have been better to have been open 2 years ago, and work on a solution for clubs rather than putting your head in the sand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facebook Fact Check required here .
Ouyen merged with Walpeup Underbool.
I think he meant both have been successful.

I was hoping they would be made to stay simply/selfishly for the other clubs but I must admit I feel abit sorry for them. The game I watched them against Ultima last season, who they have a very good rivalry with was abit sad. They looked to be just going through the motions and cruised to a 100 point win. Their players and supporters were just flat and didn’t seem to be enjoying it at all.
I don’t know how true it is but have heard if they changed leagues they would’ve been a hell of a lot stronger then last year but they aren’t sure if they will keep everyone if they stay in the GR. I still imagine they will be a 15 goal better side then everyone else but

we

Yep you don't have to be Robinson Crusoe to work that out. My point was both those mergers worked, Ouyen and walpeup and Beulah and Hopetoun, I think all others read it that way
Obviously I didn’t but I accept your reasoning.
I would think that the mergers mentioned were successful because the clubs involved were not failing but rather their league became untenable.

Obviously I didn’t but I accept your reasoning.
I would think that the mergers mentioned were successful because the clubs involved were not failing but rather their league became untenable.

All tbe more reason for clubs to be proactive. Proactive mergers seem to be the best chance of succeeding not mergers of last resort

I would assume that Nully now have the ammunition to embarrass AFLV and the GRFL for the clearance denial.
If they go pedal to the metal and rack up some mammoth wins, there will be some very red faces in officialdom by mid-season.

They already record massive wins most weeks. I’m really not sure what AFL Vic were thinking in this situation.

They are too strong for the comp and were proactive and wanted to go. Yes it would have lessen the overall number of clubs but it actually would have evened the comp up and created interest.

You can hand the cup to them now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back