The great blackout of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The overwhelming amount of carbon is produced by farming and industry, not individuals.

We could reduce each persons carbon footprint to 0 and still not get anywhere clsoe to our to our targets.
This is why I can't see the human race ever reversing climate change.

Basic principles of production. To produce an item you essentially have to generate energy/carbon as part of any production process.

Even using recycled resources requires energy.

We all like gadgets and consumerables. That won't stop.

Closest the human race came to implementing what is needed to drastically halt climate change was peak COVID global shut-down. We can't sustain that.

Trying is good, but I reckon we have gone past the tipping point, and future generations will just adapt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Basic principles of production. To produce an item you essentially have to generate energy/carbon as part of any production process.

b
Closest the human race came to implementing what is needed to drastically halt climate change was peak COVID global shut-down. We can't sustain that.

Trying is good, but I reckon we have gone past the tipping point, and future generations will just adapt.

that simple reality is lost on most who refuse to do any more than anyone despite the strength of their beliefs. I seems not uncommon that they can do less because their rhetoric makes up for it. There was the news story about some activist lady that drove her landcruiser of a wet track. Why the big diesel? Well, we run a hobby farm with cattle, so we end a commercial type vehicle. Of course you do.

So we need climate change to target wealthy old white folk and we are net zero next year?

That may be right, but its like the old argument that Australia's contribution to climate change is so small compared to the rest of the world, whatever we do is negligible so let's do nothing. Technically correct but not tenable.
We are the third highest emitter per capita in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly I think you're right. 1st world countries will not give up their luxuries, and 3rd world countries will not give up their aspirations to be 1st world.
We'll have to rely on new technologies like hydrogen or nuclear fusion.

But to get back on track, I'm sure John Olsen can fix this too.

because science what?
Because science one of the least densely populated countries in the world which uses that land to feed and power the world should not be subject to criticism for a biased and prejudiced “emissions per capita” stat.

Now someone remove these rubbish posts from the great JO thread.

Because science one of the least densely populated countries in the world which uses that land to feed and power the world should not be subject to criticism for a biased and prejudiced “emissions per capita” stat.

Now someone remove these rubbish posts from the great JO thread.
Sure.

But not science, your opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back