The great blackout of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

UK going with no diesel cars from 2030?
Not sure how we are going to be charging all these electric vehicles.
As far as I’m aware diesel is a by product of petrol so if there’s a lot less diesel vehicles does that mean diesel will get a lot cheaper, like it used to be?
Petrol cars to be banned as well.

The sale of new Petrol/Diesel cars and vans.

I do wonder if that includes SUVs/Crewcabs/Ute's etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Has someone actually done a study on the emissions it takes to mine a battery and charge it vs fuel and its emissions?
I was talking to a bloke who maintains some turbines in SA a while back.

He reckons for his tools to work on site he uses a diesel generator.

It may be an urban myth but I remember reading that a wind turbine can’t produce enough energy in its life time to cover the energy used to make and maintain it.

We had 3 wind turbines around here at Chepstowe for 3 or 4 years. now you can't see the ******* skyline around here for the ugly monstrosities (Stockyard Hill). Only a mere 149 of the bastard things so far. Pity some of the latte sipping inner city dwelling greenies didn't come and inspect all the dead bird life at the foot of them.

We had 3 wind turbines around here at Chepstowe for 3 or 4 years. now you can't see the ******* skyline around here for the ugly monstrosities (Stockyard Hill). Only a mere 149 of the bastard things so far. Pity some of the latte sipping inner city dwelling greenies didn't come and inspect all the dead bird life at the foot of them.
I don’t find them ugly passing them by traveling, but I don’t live near them either.

Has someone actually done a study on the emissions it takes to mine a battery and charge it vs fuel and its emissions?

I think years ago there was a study that suggested the energy required to manufacture a new car was more than just dealing with the extra fuel used from older models. Might have been urban myth though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else get caught up in the hailstorm?

My new car is totalled. Front windscreen cracked, back one shattered with golf ball sized holes. Every panel severely dented.

Felt for those actually driving at the time.
That sucks, hopefully all insured?
What area were you in?
My brother in law had 2/4 of his vehicles dented.

That sucks, hopefully all insured?
What area were you in?
My brother in law had 2/4 of his vehicles dented.
Yeah, I'm insured.

At lyell mcewin hospital. There are going to be hundreds of claims from people there today as no cars unscathed.

Hope I can get the windscreens fixed asap, as can't see out the back... so can at least drive albeit very dented till arrange a new car... which will be a different model given they don't sell my car anynore.

Antarctica just had coldest 6 months on record. Every time we break an 80 year old high temp record its front page news and a sure sign of global warming. But when it's winter records being broken it's just a touch of cold weather. I don't doubt the planet is warming, but I doubt the emergency is anywhere near as great as we hear. Especially when there's no $ in researching anything that provides an opinion that doesn't align with the current alarmism. Genuine scientific debate on the issue has well and truely been shut down.

Antarctica just had coldest 6 months on record. Every time we break an 80 year old high temp record its front page news and a sure sign of global warming. But when it's winter records being broken it's just a touch of cold weather. I don't doubt the planet is warming, but I doubt the emergency is anywhere near as great as we hear. Especially when there's no $ in researching anything that provides an opinion that doesn't align with the current alarmism. Genuine scientific debate on the issue has well and truely been shut down.

This is why they say climate change and not global warming now. More energy in the system means higher highs and lower lows. Record lows fits in with the modeling as well as the record highs.

Also the debate is shut down because pretty much most data coming out usually leans to it being worse than we hoped, not better.

This is why they say climate change and not global warming now. More energy in the system means higher highs and lower lows. Record lows fits in with the modeling as well as the record highs.

Also the debate is shut down because pretty much most data coming out usually leans to it being worse than we hoped, not better.

so you're saying the planet isn't warming now?

so you're saying the planet isn't warming now?

The planet is warming. Im saying they had to rebrand "global warming" to "climate change" because people cant seem to grasp the difference between climate and weather. A warmer planet will still cause colder winters in many places.

The planet is warming. Im saying they had to rebrand "global warming" to "climate change" because people cant seem to grasp the difference between climate and weather. A warmer planet will still cause colder winters in many places.

That's the point I was making. It's always been ok to point at a hot day breaking an 80 year old record and call it global warming, it's been a constant theme and I could quote many posts. How much has the planet warmed since 2000?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back