NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering morang would have won the flag by 10 goals this season if covid hadn’t got in the way then I’d say it’s a ripping signing. I feel sorry for the other teams, it’ll be a wasted year for the likes of laurimar and Kilmore.
My god you blokes at south will never change!
Of course overall you had an amazing year but your not on another level compared to laurimar & kilmore.
By your logic you blokes have wasted the last 6-8 years yea?

Can’t open the cheque book too wide in Div 3, salary cap is only $60,000. I’d love to know how Div 3 clubs are managing to attract players from Div 1.
Mates that want to play together youd think - Laurimar Morang Mernda are all within striking distance of whittlesea who would have guys that are all interconnected within friendship groups that would drop down to play with mates to win a flag together.
Other guys that are dropping from div 1 are those who have tested themselves after initially being at a div 3 club and deciding to come back to be with mates eg Brown

Mates that want to play together youd think - Laurimar Morang Mernda are all within striking distance of whittlesea who would have guys that are all interconnected within friendship groups that would drop down to play with mates to win a flag together.
Other guys that are dropping from div 1 are those who have tested themselves after initially being at a div 3 club and deciding to come back to be with mates eg Brown
The pay really isn’t that much different. D3 is 60k and D1 is 100k that’s around $2200 a game .

Have a look at the names in D1 that $2200 a week difference is eaten up pretty quickly by 2/3 players.

IF these blokes are just dropping down to win a premiership together my question is are they going to stick around and play a higher division if the answer is no then don't do it as yo yoing up and down is not good for any club in the long term look at resa they are still in strife on field for their last foray into div 2

IF these blokes are just dropping down to win a premiership together my question is are they going to stick around and play a higher division if the answer is no then don't do it as yo yoing up and down is not good for any club in the long term look at resa they are still in strife on field for their last foray into div 2
Reservoir compared to a club like Morang is completely different.
All of the guys at Morang who have tested themselves higher are Morang juniors who have come through the junior system all together. And if they got themselves out of division 3 could only assume more names mentioned previously could return to make them quite competitive in division 2. If they were to fail again though then I’m not sure where that would leave them

You are comparing Reservoir with no juniors, no 19s winning a flag off the back of a bunch of mercenaries compared to South getting back a young kid who played his entire life at South and wanted a taste of D1…. Really?

Morangs ultimate goal should be winning a flag and getting all these blokes back who went to a higher level.

You are comparing Reservoir with no juniors, no 19s winning a flag off the back of a bunch of mercenaries compared to South getting back a young kid who played his entire life at South and wanted a taste of D1…. Really?

Morangs ultimate goal should be winning a flag and getting all these blokes back who went to a higher level.
I understand where your coming from I acknowledge ressa is a different beast i was just using this as an example .didn't south Morang win a flag a few years ago then lost a lot of the side then got the living daylights belted out of then in div 2 and came straight back down. there are other examples in differant leagues as well

i don’t think brown will be the magic that elevates morang to another level. if it occurs, it will be as their youth gets another year of experience.

whether by design or something else, morang haven’t attracted anyone to the club in years. can they hold the team together until the kids become men, that’s my question.

Imagine Morang had of signed the bloke that just signed at West Heidelberg, it may have been on channel 9 news.

Ve
i don’t think brown will be the magic that elevates morang to another level. if it occurs, it will be as their youth gets another year of experience.

whether by design or something else, morang haven’t attracted anyone to the club in years. can they hold the team together until the kids become men, that’s my question.
Very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they need to? They just finished top with a young list?

Do they need to? They just finished top with a young list?

they did, but they were beaten easily by laurimar at the end of this season, and the results show they weren’t convincing against other teams towards the end . they’ll say it was injury. seasons are long, and younger bodies will struggle . do you think they would have finished on top if the season went the distance? i dont

they did, but they were beaten easily by laurimar at the end of this season, and the results show they weren’t convincing against other teams towards the end . they’ll say it was injury. seasons are long, and younger bodies will struggle . do you think they would have finished on top if the season went the distance? i dont

A few thought they wouldn’t finish top.
IMG_2521.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand where your coming from I acknowledge ressa is a different beast i was just using this as an example .didn't south Morang win a flag a few years ago then lost a lot of the side then got the living daylights belted out of then in div 2 and came straight back down. there are other examples in differant leagues as well

If you know anything about the south morang side of 2013 you would know half the side every week was from the 17s flag the previous year. That was the year the club decided to go with youth to be in Div 1 then a new pres came in 14 and it all went backwards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saw Rexhepi is 100% gone to Cragieburn. Big loss, very good forward with limited entries.

Peter Pav from the Mustangs has followed their coach there but was always going to happen. I’d say all the blokes Hamilton bought will be gone.

Saw Rexhepi is 100% gone to Cragieburn. Big loss, very good forward with limited entries.

Peter Pav from the Mustangs has followed their coach there but was always going to happen. I’d say all the blokes Hamilton bought will be gone.

is pav actually a good player? Edfl div 1
Is a step above northern div 3

From all reports, he is a gun. Played Divi 1 senior footy at a young age at Both Heidelberg and North Heidelberg but is a non trainer that carries extra weight, will be interesting to see if Hawks can change that.
Not a gun but would be handy at Div 3 level if applies himself. Needs to work on his disposal, tends to blaze away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back