Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Smedts hurt his shoulder again has he?

******* great. I really want that kid to make it. I don't know if it's the fact he was part of the Ablett compo and if he failed it would be particularly annoying, or whether I just find him affable despite apparently being a few sandwiches short.

Yea...me too Claude. His body language in that photo with the ice on his shoulder doesn't auger well.....

How do you do a shoulder in a shuttle run?

Jub jub, I need a fork gif please.
tumblr_lz7k46DifP1rorfybo2_250.gif

were you expecting him to be smiling or something David?

No...I interpreted it as a look of resignation....more time in rehab....and another interrupted pre-season....if he's up and training in a week or two, then I interpreted it incorrectly...

Do people think smedts has enough exposed form for an opinion on his worth be formed?
I've seen enough to know I find him frustrating because I think there is ability there but I'm wondering more and more if we are ever going to properly see it.

I think he is a little on the over-rated side but he also cops his fair share of harsh criticism (and I've heaped plenty on him).

But the constant injuries/niggles along with seemingly (in my opinion) being played out of postion more times than not isn't helping his cause.

I've not read the latest on him but he already appeared to be outside the best 22 and any set back in the pre-season isn't going to do him any favours in a year that he really needs (again, in my opinion) to start playing good, consistent footy (and there are a couple of others in the same boat as him).

As for his worth, it has probably declined each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe it was a look of pain as a dislocation would surely leave the body feeling rather unpleasant all over.
He has plenty of time to get over it but I'm not sure what the carry on is all about. He's not in our best 22 as is (never has been actually) and this latest setback won't hurt us at all as either Zac Bates or Tom Ruggles have displayed enough talent in the VFL to suggest they can be elevated if Smedts get placed on the long term injury list.

First half of 2013 I would say he was in the best 22. His form reflected that as well.

Menegola is in tip top shape, looks extremely fit. That photo taken of him standing next to Enright almost put Boris to shame!

I loved him as a pickup! thought it was a really good play by the club to seek out a strong consistent player whose on the cusp of AFL quality. Reminds me of Hawks acquisition of Simpkin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back