Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My hope is that with the cash we've on hand, Nobes, and the names being thrown around, it will come out reasonably early in the trade period that we have a couple of audacious bids on the go (the media having shown they don't know who goes where at the best of times) and we will be grinning within the week.

The realistic side of me expects Brad Moran and a lame upgrade of draft picks.

This^^^^^^

So many people on this board jump at shadows with absolutely no creditable basis
Not to mention those who make massive assumptions about what's going on inside the Crows HQ (list management decisions, internal reviews, lack of direction etc), then use these baseless assumptions as an excuse to sink the boot into the club.

Lord knows there's enough that the club gets wrong on it's own, for which people can rightly kick the club (and yes, I agree that Trigg should have been sacked long ago). There's just no excuse for sinking the boot in based on nothing more than a tin foil hat conspiracy going round in their head, which has utterly no basis in fact. Sadly, our newly appointed moderator is one of the worst offenders when it comes to this particular behaviour.

Not to mention those who make massive assumptions about what's going on inside the Crows HQ (list management decisions, internal reviews, lack of direction etc), then use these baseless assumptions as an excuse to sink the boot into the club.

Lord knows there's enough that the club gets wrong on it's own, for which people can rightly kick the club (and yes, I agree that Trigg should have been sacked long ago). There's just no excuse for sinking the boot in based on nothing more than a tin foil hat conspiracy going round in their head, which has utterly no basis in fact. Sadly, our newly appointed moderator is one of the worst offenders when it comes to this particular behaviour.

I would love to think that we have already had Betts commit to us, but sadly I am like most others in that I am expecting the inevitable kick in the guts when he signs with North instead.

The problem is that we've been kicked in the guts so much lately that the simple fact is that many of us have zero confidence in our administration in being able to get the deal done. I suspect that the outcome of this will go a long way to determine the competency of our admin when it comes to landing players from opposition clubs.

I would love to think that we have already had Betts commit to us, but sadly I am like most others in that I am expecting the inevitable kick in the guts when he signs with North instead.

The problem is that we've been kicked in the guts so much lately that the simple fact is that many of us have zero confidence in our administration in being able to get the deal done. I suspect that the outcome of this will go a long way to determine the competency of our admin when it comes to landing players from opposition clubs.
I have no problem with people doubting that the FA signing will go through. Absolutely there is a level of uncertainty, which will only be resolved once Betts makes his decision public. It's not helped by the media making stuff up, particularly on trade radio which started broadcasting 4 days before the trade period even began (and hence before they had anything factual to report).

I also understand the lack of confidence in the administration, given the fact that Trigg still has a job after the Tiprat scandal, which has severely damaged the club's future prospects.

What I object to is people making up rubbish, based on nothing more than assumptions without any facts to support them - and then using these assumptions to attack the club.

Pretty confident we have Betts. Like others have said, it seems like it may have been agreed upon a while ago. Ned Guy had been dealing with Adelaide pretty much exclusively for several weeks. North have only come on the scene fairly recently. I reckon it could be announced as early as tomorrow today. The only sticking point may be that North has given up on NDS and has decided to significantly up their offer in the last couple of days. Don't want to make a fool of myself by sounding too confident, but I think its a done deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back