Letter from Peter De Rauch

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Brayshaw aka The Nostril, was certainly pro-GC for a period. If we had not had the on-field year we did in 2007 then I doubt he would have changed his mind. But, he made up for past crimes when he headhunted Eugene Arocca.

In 2007 De Rauch was pro-co-location. Similiar to The Nostril, he thought we had to do something and propsoed getting a guranteed 11 games (H&A) in Melbourne and playing the rest in GC & interstate. The big positive for De Rauch (apart from the millions he has tipped in) was his hatred for Duff. I remember standing near him at one of Duff's "information" sessions and De Rauch just kept saying "He is lying". Which, of course, he was.

Ron Joseph did exactly the same thing before he was elected. Actually what Ron did was against the rules as other candidates didn't have the same opportunity but it was done nonetheless.
You may also remember that at the general meeting a solicitor addressed the audience and told us what questions would be deemed acceptable.
We weren't allowed to ask about Mark Brayshaw's legitimacy as being a North Melbourne member for example ( as he wasn't.) Yes not one of North Melbourne's finest hours yet I doubt they would feel the same.

What Ron did was NOT against club laws. He requested a database and it was given. After the mail out, other candidates asked for the database and they were stonewalled. Not Ron's fault.

Mark Brayshaw's legitimacy was always a technical issue - his membership was linked to a player sponsor but the sponsorship was seemingly a tax write-off registered through his company.

You may say that the 2007 AGM was not the finest moment for North Melbourne FC, or more specifically, the Duff/Aylett administration, but the great irony is that if MB, JB and RJ had not been elected, our club would almost certainly be on the Gold Coast now. I sincerely doubt the alternative candidates would have been able to marshall the forces to resist the AFL push. They certainly would not have had sufficient stock holder support or numbers on the board vote.

Mark Brayshaw aka The Nostril, was certainly pro-GC for a period. If we had not had the on-field year we did in 2007 then I doubt he would have changed his mind. But, he made up for past crimes when he headhunted Eugene Arocca.

In 2007 De Rauch was pro-co-location. Similiar to The Nostril, he thought we had to do something and propsoed getting a guranteed 11 games (H&A) in Melbourne and playing the rest in GC & interstate. The big positive for De Rauch (apart from the millions he has tipped in) was his hatred for Duff. I remember standing near him at one of Duff's "information" sessions and De Rauch just kept saying "He is lying". Which, of course, he was.

You'll just have to remind me of "The Nostril" reference, please Zebs.

I'm smiling but I can't bloody remember why.

You'll just have to remind me of "The Nostril" reference, please Zebs.

I'm smiling but I can't bloody remember why.

I think you might have given him the name Mr R.

Brayshaw has an obsession with nostrils. He mentioned them in every interview he did in early 2007, but I think this is the quote that spawned the name:

"I'm certainly open-minded to more opportunities at Carrara, rather than staying down here and surviving with one nostril above water."

I think you might have given him the name Mr R.

Brayshaw has an obsession with nostrils. He mentioned them in every interview he did in early 2007, but I think this is the quote that spawned the name:

"I'm certainly open-minded to more opportunities at Carrara, rather than staying down here and surviving with one nostril above water."

Thanks.:D

You'll find as you get older that you often can't remember why you....:confused:

The last thing we need on the board right now is someone that will entertain the mass hysteria of the resident lemmings.

We need vision and strong leadership.

That seems a bit harsh on PDR mate. Why do you think that?

That seems a bit harsh on PDR mate. Why do you think that?

If PDR is the better option for vision and strong leadership then I'm all for supporting him.

I just don't want someone who will be at the beck and call of the chicken little element. A person like this could end up killing the club.

If PDR is the better option for vision and strong leadership then I'm all for supporting him.

I just don't want someone who will be at the beck and call of the chicken little element. A person like this could end up killing the club.

I think we would all agree with you on that, I just don't see PDR being this type of person. The issue is to understand what each candidate is standing for and what their vision is. There is no doubt that MB has done a pretty good job and has made some great key appointments however as you say if a better option comes along then he/she should be elected.

I admire PdR as a great NMFC person and would trust him on the board as a voice of the member. However as some have stated here I would like to see a statement of aims for the club from all candidates. Peter has put something out there although it does lack a little depth (almost a 'trust me' letter, and I do trust him) but I want a little substance from each candidate.
I will vote for PdR at this stage, but can be swayed.

So we still have no clue what they stand for.

PM me your proxy's and I'll sit on the board.

NO relocation.
YES to Ballarat
NO to Tassie.
11 ticketed games in Melb as a minimum.

Done, thanks for electing me.

So we still have no clue what they stand for.

PM me your proxy's and I'll sit on the board.

NO relocation.
YES to Ballarat
NO to Tassie.
11 ticketed games in Melb as a minimum.

Done, thanks for electing me.

Anyone that limited in scope and flexibility would have bugger all chance of getting my vote.

I want someone that has the best business acumen to have the freedom to do what is best for the club short of initiating relocation.

Relocation/mergers, changer of jumper, colors and song must always be referred to the members. Aside from that a board member must be free to exercise their elected power.

Any board member that deems it their duty to constantly placate the whims of various member interest groups, is not a good enough leader for the NMFC in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that limited in scope and flexibility would have bugger all chance of getting my vote.

I want someone that has the best business acumen to have the freedom to do what is best for the club short of initiating relocation.

Relocation/mergers, changer of jumper, colors and song must always be referred to the members. Aside from that a board member must be free to exercise their elected power.

Any board member that deems it their duty to constantly placate the whims of various member interest groups, is not a good enough leader for the NMFC in the first place.

Well said and I echo the call for more info/substance on candidates and other board members.

email from the club:

[FONT=&quot]Important information for North Melbourne members[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The North Melbourne Football Club has become aware its membership database has been improperly accessed.

The club understands a former director passed on private member information to a third party which has accessed and used the information for its own purposes.

You may have received a letter from Mr Peter de Rauch asking for your support at the club's upcoming Annual General Meeting. The club does not endorse this letter or the way in which members' details have been accessed.

The club has sought legal advice and will seek to reclaim the data. The club will review the manner in which it stores the personal information of its members and implement any changes necessary to ensure it complies with the relevant privacy policy and privacy laws.

The club can confirm only names and addresses of its members were obtained, no sensitive or financial information was accessed.

The North Melbourne Football Club is disappointed with the actions of those responsible and apologises to its members for any inconvenience.[/FONT]

email from the club:

[FONT=&quot]Important information for North Melbourne members[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The North Melbourne Football Club has become aware its membership database has been improperly accessed.

The club understands a former director passed on private member information to a third party which has accessed and used the information for its own purposes.

You may have received a letter from Mr Peter de Rauch asking for your support at the club's upcoming Annual General Meeting. The club does not endorse this letter or the way in which members' details have been accessed.

The club has sought legal advice and will seek to reclaim the data. The club will review the manner in which it stores the personal information of its members and implement any changes necessary to ensure it complies with the relevant privacy policy and privacy laws.

The club can confirm only names and addresses of its members were obtained, no sensitive or financial information was accessed.

The North Melbourne Football Club is disappointed with the actions of those responsible and apologises to its members for any inconvenience.[/FONT]
Just got my letter today.

Interesting.....

You may say that the 2007 AGM was not the finest moment for North Melbourne FC, or more specifically, the Duff/Aylett administration, but the great irony is that if MB, JB and RJ had not been elected, our club would almost certainly be on the Gold Coast now. I sincerely doubt the alternative candidates would have been able to marshall the forces to resist the AFL push. They certainly would not have had sufficient stock holder support or numbers on the board vote.

As JB has said before, it was irrelevant what the board members said or wanted to do, the AFL shot themselves in the foot by demanding the club sell the shares over to the AFL. Ansett and PdR said they would not sell their shares to the AFL, even if the entire board was unanimous in wanting to relocate, it would never have happened while the AFL had the condition of purchasing the club.

We all know their relocation offer was a firesale offer. They didn't want our club there, they wanted the empty shell + players. The fact we had board members blind enough not to see this is what gives me the most concern.

All Ansett wanted to hear is that someone had an alternative plan, something more than a path to oblivion that Dumb and Dumber had us on course for.

I'm voting for whoever RJ says to vote for !

I'm thinking he could be a PDR man. Of course, that's just a hunch and not databased on anything concrete.

(Kidding, inner scrotumites, just kidding. Please, no hate mail.)

If nothing else, PDR, like Ron, is a man with a hella strong personality that is well known for travelling to the beat of his own drum. Any suggestion to the contrary is way off the mark.

But the ruminations of BF folk aside, as Pez alludes to, I reckon his chances may have just taken a bit of a hit. As a brilliant former club administrator once remarked, time will tell.

By the same token, surely you don't want all yes men.
There needs to be some counter-balance surely?

By the same token, surely you don't want all yes men.
There needs to be some counter-balance surely?

You don't want any yes men on a board.

I like Peter, he is a strong North supporter. But, I just couldn't in good conscious vote back any board member who sat during the period our club was systematically destroyed off-field.

If I had my choice, nobody who was around during the 90s and the majority of the 00s would sit on the board ever again.

It took an ex-cricketer with no business acumen to fight for the club. What were all these great business minds doing all this time?

The North Melbourne Football Club has become aware its membership database has been improperly accessed. The club has sought legal advice and will seek to reclaim the data. The club will review the manner in which it stores the personal information of its members and implement any changes necessary to ensure it complies with the relevant privacy policy and privacy laws.

This I am afraid is the most disturbing aspect of the whole email and makes me boil with disgust regardless of who I would vote for in an election.

Totally hopeless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back