Zac Dawson cops a whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty dumb and immature by Dawson, but I can see where he is coming from.

Every Saturday night on Channel 10, certain players are singled out for the entire game by Walls, Darcy, Lane etc. This year guys like Deledio, Roughead, Dawson, Mackie and Podsiadly have copped it for the entire match. I feel sorry for Dawson, becuase the bloke came into the AFL unprepared, Clarkson thought he'd give him a lesson on a power forward and Rocca absolutely monstered him. Ever since then there hasn't been a positive word spoken about him in the media, despite forging out a decent career where he has played a role in a side that had an amazing run over 2-3 years. One more point and he's "Zac Dawson - Premiership Player". He's done spme stupid things of te field and this is one of them, but I understand his frustration.

Like a poster earlier in this thread, I also remember the Jake King call by Dwayne Russel last year. Absolutely disgraceful. The bloke worked his arse off to get into the AFL, always tried his best, lacked the skill required but never gave up. Imagine being his family, knowing the work he's put in to get into the position he is in now, to have a muppet like Dwayne Russell slag him off? Funnily enough, he's played some pretty good football this year and Russell is one of those commentators who have jumped on the Jake "The Pushup" King bandwagon :rolleyes:.

great points made here. Zacca isnt the only player singled out by those buffoons at channel 10 for downright abuse by the commentators. I'm happy they've lost the AFL because of this. Criticism is criticism but channel 10 have taken it to another level and not just on one player on one team
Tim lane hopefully never gets anopther gig and walls was always better on radio with Rex Hunt rather than trying to keep up with the others. I think that walls is a halfway decent commentator, just not on TV.
The return from the One HD twitter was just as silly as that from zac, i dunno if wallsy wouldve been behind it and it was probably a shitted off staffer, proving that modern technologies such as twitter should be kept out of the hand by idiots all round and not just footballers.

Yeah...the bastards. Why did they have to go and point out the potential positive aspects of social networking just when everyone was starting to hate it for the pointless wankfest it usually is???
People in Queensland who were in the floods, and people in Bahrain too, may take umbridge at it being called a wankfest.

And by the way, to anyone who thinks that was a good call from Dawson - between Walls' playing, coaching and media careers, he's enjoyed one of the most successful AFL careers in history. Even without Ch10, he'll still be everywhere. If "Karma" exists, then Walls must be an angel.

Karma's not a bitch, Zac. You are.

Walls may very well deserve respect for his playing and coaching career, as Tony Shaw pointed out. However, Zac Dawson hasn't potted his playing/coaching career - just his media career.

I tend to agree with Zac - Walls is a moron.

Wallsy obviously isn't the greatest.

But how incredibly immature of Dawson to be celebrating a decision that will lead to so many Ch 10 staff losing their jobs - both in front and behind the camera - just cause he got potted a few times by Wallsy.

Awwww... poor diddums!

Dawson's always seemed to me a bit of a prick on the field. And this is evidence he's a bit of a prick off it too.

And by the way, to anyone who thinks that was a good call from Dawson - between Walls' playing, coaching and media careers, he's enjoyed one of the most successful AFL careers in history. Even without Ch10, he'll still be everywhere. If "Karma" exists, then Walls must be an angel.

Karma's not a bitch, Zac. You are.

Spot on. /Thread

Walls may very well deserve respect for his playing and coaching career, as Tony Shaw pointed out. However, Zac Dawson hasn't potted his playing/coaching career - just his media career.

I tend to agree with both ...Walls is annoying to the extreme ..and Zac Dawson seems like a self indulging toss pot....the best call was from the Ten person "concentrate on getting a kick Zac'' Dawson is a dud on and off the field.
At least Walls has performed in Grand finals Zac ;)

I am increasingly starting to realise what a total wank twitter is.

Ditto. I'm also beginning to worry about Zac Dawson, the person. Two embarrasing "incidents" in the one year is not particularly good.

Wasn't surprised when I read it.

Wallsy absolutely smashes Dawson every time they cover our games.

Obviously, Zac makes some hideous mistakes from time to time (I still think he's unfairly maligned, but that's another story) but Wallsy just goes to task on him over everything and anything, it borders on ridiculous sometimes.

Completely understand why Zac would hate him.

Agreed - Dawson isn't great, we all know that, but Wallsy harps on about it at every opportunity.

Fair enough of Dawson to return fire.

LOL. Does that mean Quartermain will be out of a job too?

God I hope so.

I tend to agree with both ...Walls is annoying to the extreme ..and Zac Dawson seems like a self indulging toss pot....the best call was from the Ten person "concentrate on getting a kick Zac'' Dawson is a dud on and off the field.
At least Walls has performed in Grand finals Zac ;)

Yep, that's true. Zac is open to criticism.

However, Walls has never potted me and I feel I need to say "Hooray" for Ch.10 getting no coverage if it means I won't have to listed to Walls anymore. He is to footy what Ian Chappell is to cricket. Repetitive and boring. Ian also deserves respect for his playing career. :D

Mind you, Walls will pop up somewhere else. They always do.

If Zac was that angry at Walls' call, then there must be some truth to his commentary.

Dawson would just laugh it off if Walls was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care, I just think they're ****ing stupid. It might be a 'personal' account, but it's out there in the world, for better or worse.

Agree, seems like they think if we can't physically see them mouth the words then it's ok. You're right, they're ****ing stupid if they think twitter gives them a license to say things they wont on T.V.

Champion players and champion teams only worry about what people inside their footy club thinks about them. We hear this repeatedly from players who are under the pump.

Dawson's whinge is simply highlighting what's wrong with St Kilda this year. Their are players at the club who are distracted, not focused and letting outside opinions get the better of them. It's a sign of weakness.

Fortunately, their are still players at the Saints who have the strength and determination to be in it for the long haul and challenge for the flag again some day. Nick Riewoldt is criticized and over-analyzed everyday for having a poor season but I could never imagine him having a whinge about it on twitter.

Didn't Swan whinge on Twitter recently?

You're overstating the importance of it.

The problem with twitter is that people go crazy at absolutely any slight comment.

What Dawson said really isn't a big deal. Most people on here have said it and much worse.

And before you say 'Zac is representing his club, blah blah' just remember that Zac is representing himself more than anything, and right now he's representing the idea that he thinks Walls is a bit of a tool.

I don't see the scandal, personally.

Now if he went on a five page rant about how much he hates Walls and wants bad things to happen to him, in grim and gruesome detail then I could agree with the outrage - but as it is it's just a guy saying "up yours" in amongst a massive sea of other inconsequential bullshit.

move on

I heard him apologising for something or other he had tweeted.

That also annoys me - why does he have to apologise? Getting woken up at 6am must be a pain in the arse.

Also - it gave the AFL to reinforce the reasons behind their policies, blah blah so everyone wins.

I'd hate to be so muzzled, forced to apologise for speaking my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson cops a whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back