WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
League needs to appoint someone to be in control of pints system. Then it puts the. Lame back onto the league who will still make mistakes but what’s new?

Which gets back to my argument last year, the league calculates points for all players at the end of the season, the clubs submit their calculated points at the commencement of the next season, everything is hunky dory and any discrepancies are immediately highlighted and those players sorted out either way. The season starts with a completely clean database and just needs the same check done for each mid-season transfer. Simples.

Which gets back to my argument last year, the league calculates points for all players at the end of the season, the clubs submit their calculated points at the commencement of the next season, everything is hunky dory and any discrepancies are immediately highlighted and those players sorted out either way. The season starts with a completely clean database and just needs the same check done for each mid-season transfer. Simples.
Your the man for the job! Maybe over qualified due to Moderator position on bigfooty

Clubs will need to wait until it is all official before putting in clearances, from what happened when Glenorden folded sides you get the players for the points they are currently on. Couple of handy 1 pointers in the mix

This is not correct. Any players leaving ML go to clubs under normal player points system. League has confirmed.

So if they are 1 point now they won’t be 1 point at their new club.

What is the likelihood that they will recover. I have more doubt on this one than say Glenorden a couple of years ago. Manor Lakes from the start were throwing away $$$ rather than building a club from the ground up. Thoughts?

What is the likelihood that they will recover. I have more doubt on this one than say Glenorden a couple of years ago. Manor Lakes from the start were throwing away $$$ rather than building a club from the ground up. Thoughts?
the area is one of the most fastest growing areas in the state, they should recover as plenty of opportunity for them going forward

the area is one of the most fastest growing areas in the state, they should recover as plenty of opportunity for them going forward
Yes totally aware however without intending to sound racist, how many in the area are footy loving people?

Business model is all wrong

Unless they change it they will never recover or prosper

Business model is all wrong

Unless they change it they will never recover or prosper

The model was all wrong from the start. Same as Tarneit & Wyndham Suns, both struggling in Div 3 & PC Centrals to a degree, but they have rectified there issues it seems. They should never have started the club with Seniors first year. Take Point Cook & Caroline Springs, both started Juniors first and then waited until club was in a good position and then started Seniors. No coincidence they are both playing Div 1. Good to see the new club, Truganina has just gone with Juniors to start

The model was all wrong from the start. Same as Tarneit & Wyndham Suns, both struggling in Div 3 & PC Centrals to a degree, but they have rectified there issues it seems. They should never have started the club with Seniors first year. Take Point Cook & Caroline Springs, both started Juniors first and then waited until club was in a good position and then started Seniors. No coincidence they are both playing Div 1. Good to see the new club, Truganina has just gone with Juniors to start

Truganina seem to be going the Williamstown, senior affiliate in the Ammos (Westbourne) route.

Truganina seem to be going the Williamstown, senior affiliate in the Ammos (Westbourne) route.

First thing WRFL needs to do is get the clubs whose seniors play in other leagues to come over or their juniors go and play in those leagues also

Can never understand why they allow this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing WRFL needs to do is get the clubs whose seniors play in other leagues to come over or their juniors go and play in those leagues also

Can never understand why they allow this

I don’t ever see St Bernards, Williamstown, PEGS or Werribee Centrals ever coming across to the WRFL. Most are pretty entrenched in their current leagues. They’re not start ups like Werribee Districts and Point Cook were.

I don’t ever see St Bernards, Williamstown, PEGS or Werribee Centrals ever coming across to the WRFL. Most are pretty entrenched in their current leagues. They’re not start ups like Werribee Districts and Point Cook were.

Then kick them out of the league

Why should the WRFL be training and playing kids for other leagues seniors?

Parents are not driving their kids all over melbourne at 8am Sunday morning to play footy.

My son plays footy but I can tell you now I’m not driving to Bannockburn or Lilydale for him to have a kick

Parents are not driving their kids all over melbourne at 8am Sunday morning to play footy.

My son plays footy but I can tell you now I’m not driving to Bannockburn or Lilydale for him to have a kick

$$$$

EDFL won’t let St Bernards or PEGS juniors in unless they plan on moving the seniors across. So the WRFL just takes the money they bring in.

Aside from those two, removing the other teams could greatly boost junior numbers for clubs who have seniors in the league.

WRFL won’t do it though. Would benefit the comp greatly.

Trucka, agree with you on manor lakes went to hard to early but point cook centrals and Tarneit have been able to build junior programs, centrals went hard early and had to adjust before going again, Tarneit has built up started small and if it wasnt for newport and Parkside being thrown into to div 3 mix they would most likely be in div 2.

Point Cook is lucky they have a massive catchment with only point cook centrals as competition. Strange Afl vic and wrfl have an over supply of clubs on one side of the freeway and under supply on the other side in Wyndham. Would be interesting to see how point cook would go with 6 clubs on their door step.

$$$$

EDFL won’t let St Bernards or PEGS juniors in unless they plan on moving the seniors across. So the WRFL just takes the money they bring in.

Aside from those two, removing the other teams could greatly boost junior numbers for clubs who have seniors in the league.

WRFL won’t do it though. Would benefit the comp greatly.

What clubs do that don’t have juniors and seniors in the wrfl isn’t the leagues problem

The EDFL don’t allow it so don’t pander to clubs that use the league to develop juniors then leave.

Werribee centrals would move to the wrfl in less than 3 years or they would fold, so would Willy juniors.

Pegs and StBernards can join or work it out

Williamstown Jnrs & Williamstown CY's are 2 different clubs. The fact that a lot of Willi Jnrs go and play at CY's must say something for the way that club and the league they play in are run

Last edited:

It's not the WRFL that trains the kids it is the volunteers of those clubs. Maybe if the league was more professional and not a rabble, then just may be, they might be able to get some of these sides across. There is a reason that these Senior sides play in other comps. Threatening to kick Juniors out won't work also. Imagine the media getting hold of that.
By the way, driving long distances didn't seem to bother you for a year playing in a different comp!

It's not the WRFL that trains the kids it is the volunteers of those clubs. Maybe if the league was more professional and not a rabble, then just may be, they might be able to get some of these sides across. There is a reason that these Senior sides play in other comps. Threatening to kick Juniors out won't work also. Imagine the media getting hold of that.
By the way, driving long distances didn't seem to bother you for a year playing in a different comp!

I didn’t say it bothers seniors I said it will bother parents having to get up at 630am to drive to bannockburn or lilydale for an 830am Sunday game.

Edfl doesn’t allow it so wrfl shouldn’t either, they would just offer those clubs a spot on their senior comps and leave the decision to them.

Oh and driving to Mornington was horrible especially late on the year when you were just making up the numbers and no chance at finals.

I didn’t say it bothers seniors I said it will bother parents having to get up at 630am to drive to bannockburn or lilydale for an 830am Sunday game.

Edfl doesn’t allow it so wrfl shouldn’t either, they would just offer those clubs a spot on their senior comps and leave the decision to them.

Oh and driving to Mornington was horrible especially late on the year when you were just making up the numbers and no chance at finals.

The bus trips home were always fun!

So is it about the parent or the kids. If a kid wanted to play with his mates in a different league and it meant the parents getting up a little earlier then so be it. Plenty of Jets players parents get up early to take their kids around the state, you saying you wouldn't let your kid play in Jets if he/she was offered? Some people are happy to play with there mates and go on a 'road' trip even though they know they are not making finals
FYI. When the WRFL talked about kicking PC juniors out cause the Seniors were going to the VAFA, the club received 2 phone calls from leagues happy to discuss bringing the juniors to them. One was the EDFL!

So is it about the parent or the kids. If a kid wanted to play with his mates in a different league and it meant the parents getting up a little earlier then so be it. Plenty of Jets players parents get up early to take their kids around the state, you saying you wouldn't let your kid play in Jets if he/she was offered? Some people are happy to play with there mates and go on a 'road' trip even though they know they are not making finals
FYI. When the WRFL talked about kicking PC juniors out cause the Seniors were going to the VAFA, the club received 2 phone calls from leagues happy to discuss bringing the juniors to them. One was the EDFL!

So let them go

You miss the point

Parents are not driving kids all over melbourne to play footy, some might but the majority won’t. Talk it up all u want but when it cones to a 7am Sunday morning leave home to get to greenvale most aren’t doing it

If they would the juniors would already be in that league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back