WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Be nice to see Heights hit back after losing 3/4 of their senior playing group last year.

Suns win it though. They probably belong most in Div 2 out of all the teams.

Cobras who knows.
Heights didn’t lose 3/4 of there team from last year

They lost 3/4 the 2021 team but recruited really well and prob had a better team in 2022 than 2021

They will be right up the top this year

Heights didn’t lose 3/4 of there team from last year

They lost 3/4 the 2021 team but recruited really well and prob had a better team in 2022 than 2021

They will be right up the top this year

3/4 of their team from 2021 was gone in 2022 and that was a solid team. Never said they weren't any good.

Good to see.

Well, the season is about to kick off. We have West Footscray coming down from Div 2, joining Tarneit, North Sunshine, Sunshine Heights, Laverton, Albanvale And Suns. Some questions heading into season 2023 will be, how will West Footscray go coming down from a division where they were really non-competitive, have North Sunshine got sufficient players to even field 2 teams and be at all competitive, Laverton, picked up approximately 6 players to lift their standards but is it enough, can they improve? Sunshine Heights, all the talk is that they will be the big improvers this year, will they? Albanvale, how will they go considering their poor exit from last years final series, their age? straight sets. Tarniet, been very quiet, maybe just getting on with business, appears as though they might be investing in juniors, which can be very rewarding for the future but for the now? & Suns, after dominating all year and failing poorly in Grand Final can they redeem themselves?

Interested in everyone's thoughts.

Who are the players to watch from each team this year.

Predictions for the year.

Well, the season is about to kick off. We have West Footscray coming down from Div 2, joining Tarneit, North Sunshine, Sunshine Heights, Laverton, Albanvale And Suns. Some questions heading into season 2023 will be, how will West Footscray go coming down from a division where they were really non-competitive, have North Sunshine got sufficient players to even field 2 teams and be at all competitive, Laverton, picked up approximately 6 players to lift their standards but is it enough, can they improve? Sunshine Heights, all the talk is that they will be the big improvers this year, will they? Albanvale, how will they go considering their poor exit from last years final series, their age? straight sets. Tarniet, been very quiet, maybe just getting on with business, appears as though they might be investing in juniors, which can be very rewarding for the future but for the now? & Suns, after dominating all year and failing poorly in Grand Final can they redeem themselves?

I know I have really gone out on a limb with my predictions.

Suns,
Albanvale,
West Footscray, but hard how they will go in Divy 3
Sunny Heights,

Tarneit - have they recruited anyone?

Laverton,

North Sunshine,

Leading Goalkicker Hovey Suns

Best player - No idea

Good to see the Laverton boys have a real crack today. Lost by 20 points when most people on here had them losing by 40+. Was talking to a few people at the ground and was advised that at least half the side are 22 or under. First time I’ve been back to the club in around 10 years, great vibe around the place.

When was the last time West Footscray won a game? Surely 3-4 years at least?

The rooms must be buzzing tonight!!! Good on the guys, every club needs a little bit of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Send in Putin ?

Really good contest at Laverton today. Laverton have a very different team this season.

Great to see the Roosters have a win after 1300 odd days. Big injection of player there too.

Looks like there could be a more competitive Div3 this season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see the Laverton boys have a real crack today. Lost by 20 points when most people on here had them losing by 40+. Was talking to a few people at the ground and was advised that at least half the side are 22 or under. First time I’ve been back to the club in around 10 years, great vibe around the place.

Have an additional junior team this season too. Small steps.....

Never in my life have I seen an umpire assault a player. Unbelievable not good enough.
Please explain?

Also, I know it was against Norf but still, kudos to the bloke who kicked 26 goals yesterday. Fair effort, looks like we may see someone kick 100 again this year.

Please explain?

Also, I know it was against Norf but still, kudos to the bloke who kicked 26 goals yesterday. Fair effort, looks like we may see someone kick 100 again this year.
He might kick 100 against North Alone.

For those stating that 3rd division serves a purpose, I'm yet to see it.

I only know half the story, as Turbo said the umpires cop alot of shit. Might be best to leave it and wait and see if it's taken further. But what I saw it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen at the footy and looked unprovoked.

I only know half the story, as Turbo said the umpires cop alot of s**t. Might be best to leave it and wait and see if it's taken further. But what I saw it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen at the footy and looked unprovoked.
So what happened? You have illuded to a bit but there's a fair bit of detail left out

A 10 goal loss to the Suns today doesn't seem like progress by Laverton, but the Suns defeated the Magpies, in their 3 H&A games last year by 870 points.....that's 870.

Some improvement down at Merton Street.

A 10 goal loss to the Suns today doesn't seem like progress by Laverton, but the Suns defeated the Magpies, in their 3 H&A games last year by 870 points.....that's 870.

Some improvement down at Merton Street.
Looks like the Suns kicked away in the end too. Was a margin under 30 points for most of the game. Maybe someone from the Suns can comment if anyone is on here would love to hear your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back