WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the Suns kicked away in the end too. Was a margin under 30 points for most of the game. Maybe someone from the Suns can comment if anyone is on here would love to hear your thoughts.
Laverton much improved, have some real star players.
Watch out for them as the season goes on and they start to gel.

Have to respect the way they have turned it around, they will knock a few teams off that sit above them on the ladder.

Laverton much improved, have some real star players.
Watch out for them as the season goes on and they start to gel.

Have to respect the way they have turned it around, they will knock a few teams off that sit above them on the ladder.
That’s great to hear mate

With the exception of North Sunshine who are fielding 2 teams having a crack, Div 3 is certainly a good comp this year.

Heights having a great year with Albanvale and Suns out in front, West Footscray improving with basically a new team each week and Tarniet amd Laverton significantly improved from last year.

The Brookers won the flag with 8 wins and 8 losses last year and this season could be even closer.

Div 3 has its place and this season is showing why

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the exception of North Sunshine who are fielding 2 teams having a crack, Div 3 is certainly a good comp this year.

Heights having a great year with Albanvale and Suns out in front, West Footscray improving with basically a new team each week and Tarniet amd Laverton significantly improved from last year.

The Brookers won the flag with 8 wins and 8 losses last year and this season could be even closer.

Div 3 has its place and this season is showing why

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope you enjoy what should be the last year of it.

And 3 are looking to leave
I look at this and shake my head.

Whatever happens in the league is reflective of the clubs that are apart of it. Clubs have a responsibility to make the league better - whether that’s their junior program, senior program, recruitment of marque players, upgrading facilities or even just creating an inclusive & professional environment for the community to attend and feel a sense of belonging.

Changing leagues is not enhancing your club, it might add some initial excitement but honestly it’s a false economy.

Stick fat, develop a strong culture and plan to make your club a little better everyday. By doing this, you make the league better / stronger.

Changing leagues is a lazy option and in my view you only have things to lose - proximity to competitors might be a disadvantage, no more rivalries, less relationships with other clubs, are past players going to still come down to remininise when playing a team they’ve never seen before, strain on volunteers to learn new league rules, etc.

I understand why Deer Park left, rightly or wrongly they were treated like sh*t. Any other club leaving is just lazy and honestly you’re just masking your own problems.

No clubs now are powerhouses these days, so they playing teams that they can compete with so IMO no reason to leave.

And yes, I’ve done it all before from an administration perspective.

I look at this and shake my head.

Whatever happens in the league is reflective of the clubs that are apart of it. Clubs have a responsibility to make the league better - whether that’s their junior program, senior program, recruitment of marque players, upgrading facilities or even just creating an inclusive & professional environment for the community to attend and feel a sense of belonging.

Changing leagues is not enhancing your club, it might add some initial excitement but honestly it’s a false economy.

Stick fat, develop a strong culture and plan to make your club a little better everyday. By doing this, you make the league better / stronger.

Changing leagues is a lazy option and in my view you only have things to lose - proximity to competitors might be a disadvantage, no more rivalries, less relationships with other clubs, are past players going to still come down to remininise when playing a team they’ve never seen before, strain on volunteers to learn new league rules, etc.

I understand why Deer Park left, rightly or wrongly they were treated like sh*t. Any other club leaving is just lazy and honestly you’re just masking your own problems.

No clubs now are powerhouses these days, so they playing teams that they can compete with so IMO no reason to leave.

And yes, I’ve done it all before from an administration perspective.
Deer Park treated like shit? They were cheating and the league used its only rule it could to reign them in.

I feel like I am dumber for reading that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deer Park treated like s**t? They were cheating and the league used its only rule it could to reign them in.

I feel like I am dumber for reading that.
Do you ever have anything positive to add or are just miserable all the time.

Deer Park were found guilty of a minor salary cap breach - their senior coach played in the 2s because they had no numbers. This pushed them over the salary cap just. This was found after a gruelling 5 month investigation - with wild unfounded allegations that were reported online, local and state papers. They were fined and forced to play with less points than anyone else for multiple years. No other club has ever been treated this way. Hate them or not that’s a fact. It’s bye the bye really, they had an acceptable reason to leave - they lost trust in those governing. That was my point.

If you missed that point, geewhiz, if you missed the point of everything else I wrote, well maybe just give up.

Do you ever have anything positive to add or are just miserable all the time.

Deer Park were found guilty of a minor salary cap breach - their senior coach played in the 2s because they had no numbers. This pushed them over the salary cap just. This was found after a gruelling 5 month investigation - with wild unfounded allegations that were reported online, local and state papers. They were fined and forced to play with less points than anyone else for multiple years. No other club has ever been treated this way. Hate them or not that’s a fact. It’s bye the bye really, they had an acceptable reason to leave - they lost trust in those governing. That was my point.

If you missed that point, geewhiz, if you missed the point of everything else I wrote, well maybe just give up.

You honestly believe that Deer Park were playing within thr rules? If you believe that, your credibility is shot, and telling the clubs it's their fault the league can't govern or run its self is as stupid as anything I have ever read.

It's up to the clubs to decide what is best for them. It's an indictment on the league, if the best option is a league that is outside its geographic.

Deer park is the outlier. They were restricted because they were cheating, didn't like it, sooked up and decided to go and cheat in a competition that encourages it.

However this has been on the cards for years. What did the WRFL do to replace them?

And by the way, if Altona won 7 flags in a row, the league would have deducted points off them too.

Very interesting that Tarneit has recruited Johny Proud. Clearly don’t know how to google or perform reference checks…

Hope they ain’t paying him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back