WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say both , all PC ins are key position players and hoppers have lost all their mids and more.
Couple of the Point Cook kids look good too. Young forward that kicked 5, nearly too mark of the century. The other little forward who got caught a few times and over celebrated, but he was in everything.

They have a few recruits, but their kids are where the excitement is. They probably just needed some bigger bodies to walk alongside in like the big rucks, and Deery down back.

They will get better. But it's hard to gauge where they are at.

Hoppers could be in a relegation battle....

They could be headed to Division 2 next year and join Sunshine and Albion. It was only a couple of years ago they were all in Division 1. The newer clubs are probably just getting better or the old clubs just don’t change or evolve compared to their competition.
Might need a broom to go through the joint. Been the same olds that have always ran it. Time for them to put their feet up and let some fresh ideas in.

Their resurrection isn't coming from the u/18's, as they got hammered yesterday as well

Hoppers would have been shocked by Fridays result I’d imagine.
Think we all expected PC to improve significantly but none of us would have seen that result coming.
Hoppers been pretty good over the past 5-6 years and if not for Deer Parks reign they would have won a couple flags through that period. Talk of them being relegated is silly if you ask me. They could and probably will miss finals but they’ll win some games and be competitive

Hoppers would have been shocked by Fridays result I’d imagine.
Think we all expected PC to improve significantly but none of us would have seen that result coming.
Hoppers been pretty good over the past 5-6 years and if not for Deer Parks reign they would have won a couple flags through that period. Talk of them being relegated is silly if you ask me. They could and probably will miss finals but they’ll win some games and be competitive
Realistically no one will get relegated

We are more interested in how Hoppers will go in our comp this year, its why we’re talking about the players they’ve lost , nothing to do with some bottom feeder ammo club
ROOS77 said:
We are more interested in how Hoppers will go in our comp this year, its why we’re talking about the players they’ve lost, nothing to do with some bottom feeder ammo club

SeaSide said:
Does anybody know the results of the AJAX and Hoppers Crossing practice game?

HotDogs7 said:
Yeh Ajax won by about 80 points I believe

ROOS77 said:
We are more interested in how Hoppers will go in our comp this year, its why we’re talking about the players they’ve lost, nothing to do with some bottom feeder ammo club

SeaSide said:
Does anybody know the results of the AJAX and Hoppers Crossing practice game?

HotDogs7 said:
Yeh Ajax won by about 80 points I believe
Nothing to brag about, one of our bottom clubs beat hoppers by the same last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to brag about, one of our bottom clubs beat hoppers by the same last week
If the League was to tolerate such, as a (to quote ROOS77) 'bottom club' (whoever that may have been), defeating a Division 1 club by such a substantive margin, perhaps the league should find a way to do a switch. The southwestern league, which represents the whole western community, doesn't need clubs suffering multiple catastrophes thus making the competition appear second rate.

To be fair that bottom side is likely to be at the other end of the ladder this season.
Yarraville/Seddon will drastically improve too, I’m told from a strong source that Jared Polec has been outstanding around the club with their young talent. Is that not growth??

By cheating. For what? To stroke a couple of egos for w***ers with deep pockets?
I've tried to be diplomatic when talking about DP, but it gets really hard when you have the continued bull$@&! from supporters, both on here and when you play them.

EDFL nuffy brags about the "downfall" of the WRFL but is too ignorant to see that DP has played a major part in the 2 biggest issues that has led to the current state of play within the league.

The first is the utter disregard for the rules, and disrespect for the other 9 clubs that DP showed in obtaining the majority of their premierships. They didn't even try to hide it after the first 2.

The second is the absolute shambles of an investigation led by the WRFL and AFLVic into the contract situation of DP, who treated the entire process with complete contempt.

The WRFL might be in a spot of bother as it stands, but with the right leadership and proper community engagement, it will come out stronger than ever.

I've tried to be diplomatic when talking about DP, but it gets really hard when you have the continued bull$@&! from supporters, both on here and when you play them.

EDFL nuffy brags about the "downfall" of the WRFL but is too ignorant to see that DP has played a major part in the 2 biggest issues that has led to the current state of play within the league.

The first is the utter disregard for the rules, and disrespect for the other 9 clubs that DP showed in obtaining the majority of their premierships. They didn't even try to hide it after the first 2.

The second is the absolute shambles of an investigation led by the WRFL and AFLVic into the contract situation of DP, who treated the entire process with complete contempt.

The WRFL might be in a spot of bother as it stands, but with the right leadership and proper community engagement, it will come out stronger than ever.
Give it a spell. The WRFL executive couldn't even arrange food catering professionally at the finals in Werribee last year. If they cannot arrange food catering how on earth can they run a football league?.

Give it a spell. The WRFL executive couldn't even arrange food catering professionally at the finals in Werribee last year. If they cannot arrange food catering how on earth can they run a football league?.
Did you miss the bit where I said with the right leader/ship?

I will clarify however, that appointing the wrong leader could be disastrous, but, I'm feeling positive this evening, so I'm choosing to look at the possibilities and opportunities as opposed to the potential bleak outcomes.

To think that the WRFL executive sits down and organises the food at the footy just shows you clearly have no idea 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back